SMALLVILLE Winter Hiatus Thread *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

For real the only character/cast member that should be there and happy is Clark Kent/Tom Welling...I am sure Lois Lane/Erica Durance is also appreciated...By a 10th season.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I do remember Kristen giving early interviews about the series but not that she watched it or anything like that. In the clip she also describes how on a television everyone forms a small community. I'm wondering if they're little community started to drift apart with all the original cast departing, moving on from the show. Also when she talks about character I think that's very telling. I believe she was actually extremely frustrated with how Lana was written and only came back to give her a definitive end no matter how lame or stupid it was. I think she was pissed off too with what they did and is being diplomatic about it. Purely speculative on my part but that is the impression I got from her.

Kristen also talked about how good it felt to have more time to spend with friends and family after being asked if it was good to have more free time to spend with her boyfriend (which she avoided addressing lol).

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

TV shows can be quite the catch 22. Successful, quality shows are rare (and often successful has nothing to do with quality -- see Smallville), and steady acting jobs are even harder to come by. So do you willingly accept a paycheck to keep on doing crap? Or do you take a gamble and leave for greener pastures that may never come to you (Shelly Long, Wayne Rogers)?

David Caruso left an acclaimed, popular TV series after one season for a movie career that never happened, and now I think he's learned his lesson and he's gonna stick with the godawful CSI: Miami until the ship sinks. :lol:

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The Smallville wrap party is/was tonight...can't believe it is over. :( I am glad it is coming to an end but it has been 10 years.

5. Admiral_Young

I wonder who showed up?

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am sure everyone did...alot of people came in this week to film and even Callum Blue stayed for the party. :lol:

7. Admiral_Young

^ That's true. For some reason I don't have a sense of closure lol. Probably won't until the series is done in May.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"Supernatural" is practically next door so I guess Ackles went and maybe Jared. He and Welling were in "Cheaper by the dozen"

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Wow KK went to the party! :)

[edit]

I would have loved to had gone to this thing! :D

[add] http://yfrog.com/h3j47avj

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  10. Admiral_Young

It would have been fun to attend. Found out it was held at The Vancouver Club from a friend who recognized the place in the photo lol.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

You didn't go? :p

Allison Mack was not in attendance from what I gather and that is sad...but it seems like alot of people from the show past and present were there.

12. Admiral_Young

I think Allison probably couldn't attend...and I wasn't invited or else I'd have gone :)

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Now there are some people bashing TW for not signing autographs. :lol:

14. Admiral_Young

Since when the hell have Tom and Justin become BFF's? I keep hearing them hanging out together now. He was at the "Hellcats" wrap party invited by Tom as well. Maybe he's jumping over there if it's renewed or something lol.

I really would have gone to get autographs from Erica and Cassidy.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am not sure what is happening on Hellcats the rest of the season but they could cast Justin as the new athletic director. :lol: The guy who played Pierce(Smallville S7 "Traveler"), Aaron Douglas was the old athletic director.

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

excuse me if I have this wrong, but Hellcats is about Cheerleader, and im very sure I have this rightm Justin is a guy.

I see no reason Justin would be interested in attending that wrap party, seriously there is no reason that I can think of ;)

17. Admiral_Young

^They're both married and Justin is married to hottie Linsday Korman who was one of the female furies this year, but I get what you're saying!!! I would have gone just to hang out with Ash and Aly.

18. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I didnt know he was married, but in my defence I wasnt invited to the wedding.

Maybe the idea of him looking to get hired isnt so crazy.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am really surprised TPTB behind Smallville haven't tried to get a spin-off for the fall...Green Arrow, Supergirl, Legion Of Superheroes...or maybe do that Raven or Blue Beetle series...I could see a Young Justice type series working.

20. Admiral_Young

Yeah I'm surprised we've not heard anything. There was a big rumor that the CW three years ago was gonna push through a "Supergirl" spin off with Laura as the star but then they ended up letting her go without explanation at the end of season seven. I would have thought too a "Green Arrow" series taking place right after "Smallville". With Justin and Allison (anyone else find it weird Chloe and Ollie are engaged?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.