Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Talking about hypothetical hotness is just something men do before they've seen a woman's boobs to keep us on task, but after we've seen their boobs, well that's it. nothing more to fantasize about, and time to move on.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Trieste Kelly Dunn (Siobhan) followed by Lili Simmons (Rebecca). ;)

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Lili Simmons is probably the hottest woman in the world ever... so I think I'd say her ;)

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Holy fuck... that was amazing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Guy Gardener

Riddle me this... What if instead of the frontal assault they tried to sneak in through the back?

6. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I'm just hazarding a guess here but is this show every bit as violent as when it started?

7. Guy Gardener

That innocent acorn?

Come sit comfortably under this massive oak of unrelenting sex and violence.

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn that was good. What more can you say. I can't wait to see them go to war with the neo-nazis next season.

One thing I must say though, Banshee Sheriff's Department must employ the world's worst forensic analysts. :lol:

9. Ethros

Hell yeah, back for Season 3 at last. And they wasted no time avenging Emmett's death!
    Love this show

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I love the hell out of this show, but seriously, the ex-con identity thieving sheriff now thinks it's a good idea to rip off the Marines and the federal government? Granted, they are serving on the world's least convincing looking military base, are driving Korean War-era trucks, and were defeated by bow and arrow and rifle wielding Native Americans warriors for the first time since the 19th century, but still, isn't he biting off a little more than he can chew here?

Nah, I'm just kidding. This show is just one big sexified comic book. Of course he'll pull it off and get away with it without spending the rest of his life in prison.

Anyway, it's great to have the show back. It was a promising start.

11. Guy Gardener

8 episodes of Banshee Origins (2 minute long webisodes.) were released in the last month, if you can't wait another week.

The explained that it was a decommissioning warehouse. Crap from around the world is sent to Camp Genoa, and then they either sell or destroy the assets depending on how dilapidated it is.

12. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Caught the season premier, figured the "Hood Vs. the White Supremacists" thing would go longer than the first five minutes.

Hood's ethos seems to be permeating the Department, Brock has even grown a beard.

13. Ethros

Just watched episode 3 (of season 3.) Wow, that was BRUTAL! Easily one of the best episodes on the whole run. I'll just put a little spoiler code in case anyone hasn't watched it yet..

Gutted they killed off Nola Longshadow tbh, Odette Annable is gorgeous! But that fight scene was insane. I'm guessing Chayton won't be taking the news very well.

And as for the ending, talking about a cliffhanger for next week

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah this week's ep was all sorts of awesome. :D

15. Guy Gardener

I couldn't believe how it kept getting better and better.

Isn't it great that Brock is not an incompetent boob?

Look at that ####er go.

How the hell did Clay survive that fight and how the hell did Nola stay in it for as long as she did?

16. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"What I am good with is kicking ass and ripping throats."
    ----- MacGruber

Holy shit, that first fight was intense. As much as I like Odette Annable, I've been wanting to see an epic Hood vs. Burton fight for forever, so I'm glad he survived this one to kick ass another day, and apparently has Wolverine healing powers like everyone else on the show.

The fight choreography and the cinematography during the scene was stunning, and worthy of being on the big screen. The way the camera panned in and out and around the car to follow the fight was fantastic.

Any other show would have made that fight the final scene of a major closing arc, but Banshee gets it out of the way in the first ten minutes of the third episode of the season, and then goes on to give you two other huge action setpieces and a major cliffhanger as well. I love this show.

Chayton is gonna be so pissed. His brother and his ex-girlfriend are dead by the hand of the Banshee Sheriff's Dept. and Procter's goon. Hopefully that means we'll be getting an epic Chayton vs. Hood vs. Procter fight soon too, although the last time they tried that it took three Banshee deputies plus Hood to sort of beat him, so Hood's gonna have to try something different.

I'm glad the FBI agent played by Denis O'Hare lived, as his grudging respect for Hood and his life debt can lead to some interesting developments in the future.

They really just dumped a huge dummy filled with fake viscera under the truck, no CGI there.

I loved the humor in the scenes with the secretary on the truck amidst so much carnage.

This was easily one of the top five episodes of all of Banshee so far, and we still have seven episodes ahead of us to round out the season.

17. Guy Gardener

I made the mistake of watching Banshee before Grimm.

The fight scenes in Grimm looked like the fighters fighting were giving each other hugs.

18. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

That episode was surreal, a jamesbondian villain in a truck/office, a henchman with electro-torture-gloves, the fight at the beginning... awesome.
    I hope Agent Phillips will turn up again, Denis O'Hare is great and the character and his relationship to Hood has a lot of potential.

19. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The big "reveal" at the end was something I expected to not see until much later in the season, if not till next season.

I really do like this show.

20. Ethros

That's what I love so much about this show; that they really don't waste time.
    Compared to say The Walking Dead where of an 8 episode run you have maybe 3 episodes where things happen, and the remaining 5 I'm just thinking "Get. On. With. It."

I was hoping to see a Nola vs Rebecca cat fight at some point, but alas...

Oh and thanks Guy Gardener for reminding me about the Origins clips. There's always some really great stuff in those, almost seems a shame to "waste" them as it were where a lot of viewers won't see them.