PICTURE POST!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by firecrackerrrr, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Yup, I found a face of yours earlier in the thread. Now the world knows what we look like and can imagine our expressions while we rant!

2. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ :lol: Indeed!

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Ok, I'm impressed :p

4. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

You're gonna have to show us what you look like with the bun. Maybe you could hire yourself out to amateur Trek productions as a young Janeway, especially if you've got the voice (I'm sensing an ST:Academy idea forming) :p

Awesome seamstressing as well, the uniform looks totally natural on you, as others have said, especially in comparison to other attempts.

5. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's what I was going for. It was a poorly made joke, and I apologize. I've been posting in the neutral zone almost exclusively for so long that I forgot myself. (Slaps self upside head). Sorry, firecracker!

6. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

Cool pic, firecrackerrrr :techman:

7. firecrackerrrr

firecrackerrrr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My voice is pretty similar to Kate's actually, just a tad bit younger sounding :) I don't even know how I'd go about "hiring" myself out to amateur Trek productions. Like cons? Not sure what you meant as I'm way behind in my Trek 101 since I started studying physics years ago :rofl:

Also I decided against the bun. My hair is too short. I'll go for Year of Hell Janeway instead, facial wound and all. :D

It's alright. As I said, I wasn't offended. Wasn't the first time someone made a joke about my homosexuality and it won't be the last ;)

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I think SilentP's talking about Star Trek fan films. Fancy giving acting a whirl? You'd look awesome in a TOS red miniskirt! :devil:

9. firecrackerrrr

Heh actually I've been doing extra work for years here in Vancouver and got about 5 speaking parts over the years. Just one liners and stuff. But urgh no, I don't think I could work in that industry full time again. I love what I'm studying and science has always been my passion.

That said, I most likely couldn't turn down an offer to play a younger Janeway :devil:

10. Quinton O'Connor

...she's such a Janeway. :P

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Acting too? You're a little younger than me and you've already done so much cool stuff. I'm jealous:p

12. Quinton O'Connor

For me, it's more inspirational than anything. That young woman happens to be living where I plan on moving, having dabbled briefly in something I plan on devoting a lot of time toward pursuing. You don't bump into people like that everyday, even on the internet, so it's just helped convince me to kick plans into higher gear.

13. firecrackerrrr

I didn't find it very difficult at all to get into acting here in Vancouver. Or at least into just extra work. There's high demand for that and some TV shows want local actors cause they're cheaper. Especially if it's just one or two lines. So I know a ton of people who've gotten speaking parts at some point. But trust me, that's not to say I was any good at it. I feel comfortable enough in front of the camera but it's not something I'd want to dedicate my life to. I actually liked the modeling assignments a lot more. I got a ton of wicked cool photos out of that, one day of work paid the rent for that month and I had lots of extra time to study. That said, I don't really do much of that anymore either. Just extra assignments these days since school is kicking my butt.

14. Quinton O'Connor

It's statements like that which help confirm my beliefs that I'd be fine with acting on the side up there, despite what some friends around these parts who don't realize how it goes in Vancouver may think.

15. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

A pretty girl posts a picture of herself in a Janeway costume and the whole board goes apeshit!! Pages and pages worth...

:lol:

You're all total Nerds!!!!

:p

PS: Nice picture, firecrackerrr.

:techman:

16. firecrackerrrr

Well keep in mind that once in a while there's some downtime. It's slowest in the summer but this summer wasn't so bad. So you never know...but I'd definitely recommend VFS if you're moving here. Great school and they refer you to various great agencies when you're done. I'd definitely say it's easier than in LA because there's too much competition down there. But then again, a lot of the bigger parts are auditioned down there. Or used to be anyway. But lately they've been doing quite a few here (I know they did some auditions for the Twilight movies here. They do casting for Stargate, Supernatural and Caprica here. etc etc)

Thank you! ;) And come on, give your fellow members more credit. I did sew the thing myself so it's great to get some feedback on that. I'm sure if anyone else asked for some feedback on something they created, everyone would give their 2 cents...

17. Quinton O'Connor

Oh yeah, VFS is definitely in the plans. That's the only reason I'm putting the whole thing off for a few more years; otherwise, knowing me, I'd have been up there in '09.

Plus, apart from the Twilight movies (well, a job's a job, really) you mentioned a bunch of things I'd rather be working on. Beggars can't be choosers, but it's awesome to note that those shows are at least being run up there.

Bigger parts in LA, often... I know, I know. Vancouver is so much prettier, though!

18. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

You're new here, aren't you....

:lol:

;)

It is certainly a great design and sewing job.

Since we're doing pictures, here's one of me and the Great One herself. Enjoy....

[​IMG]

19. firecrackerrrr

Yup, I worked on all those shows before (including, unfortunately, Twilight) and my favourite set is Supernatural. It's so much fun. It was amazing when Kim Manners was still alive though. I worked on Xfiles 2 and when I went to the premiere Kim was there. That was the last time I saw him. I remember that stupid random scene at the end of the movie when Scully & Mulder are on this tiny boat and like sailing away. I'm sure everyone was quiet because they were trying to be polite or something but Kim, who was sitting behind me, just yelled:"WHAT THE FUCK?!" amazing. That man had such a potty mouth. Fantastic director though and such a shame. Bleh sorry I went a bit off topic :D

I love Vancouver too though. But I lived in LA as well and while I didn't like the city so much, I loved Malibu and Calabasas. I'm a huge fan of sunshine :D My favourite place in California is Santa Barbara. I went to MJ's Neverland in SB County quite a while ago (like got to go inside) and the nature was just overwhelming. So, so beautiful. You're on my facebook, I think you'll be able to see the pics from there ;)

20. firecrackerrrr

I meant to respond to you in a snarky way but my memory just got wiped clean when I saw that photo. :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.