USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vektor, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Not only does this have nothing to do with the topic of this thread, the tone of this post is just not something we need to make a habit of here.

1 warning for spamming.

2. Griffworks

Griffworks Commander Red Shirt

I'd just like to compliment your work on this particular CGI model. I agree w/the folks who've said that you've got a definite feel for aesthetics, as you've done some beautiful work here.

3. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello Vector
    Fantastic work I'd love to see the view out of that bridge conference room I bet that will be a great sight to see once modeled. Looking forward to more pictures.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

me too i cant wait till its all done

and will there be orthographic views of this design as well?

5. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

I've spoken with Vektor about making a physical model of this as I love the design it's one I would really like to have in my collection.

You can see an example of my work here.

http://sovereignreplicas.com/sf.htm

6. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks Rel and yes Vektor has passed that on to me... I sent you a PM about this so you can look for it in your inbox.

7. Griffworks

Ooooh! Given your skills as a crafsman and the high quality of your work, I imagine this'll be awesome. What scale would you likely master it in...?

8. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, not to mention the fact that he leaves blue saliva streaks all over the windows. ;)

9. Vektor

Thanks man, and the same to everyone else who has stuck with me through the very long lifespan of this project and has been so complementary.

10. Vektor

I imagine there will be all sorts of renderings once the model is finished, including a nice, hi-res set of orthographics. :thumbsup:

11. Vektor

Indeed I have spoken with REL about a physical model and I am positively giddy about the idea. I hadn't mentioned it myself because I didn't know whether or not REL wanted to make it public knowledge at this point. There may be a few details left to work out between the parties involved so don't anybody go placing orders just yet, but it's a very exciting prospect, especially with someone as talented as REL involved.

If we do go ahead with it, I will probably be making some additional modifications to the 3D model to allow the basic parts and pieces to be run off on a 3D printer. REL would then use those pieces as a starting point for building up the master, or at least that's how he has explained it to me. This should shorten the process considerably and would, of course, result in a physical model that is an exact representation of the 3D model.

I never would have thought when I started all this that it would involve the efforts of so many different people and turn into something quite so cool. ;)

12. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

You are not the only one who's giddy at the idea. I would probably slice my thumbs off with my XActo knife if I tried to build one, but I hope someday I'll get to enjoy watching Forbin, ThomasModelers, KirkTrekModeler and the other talented "real world" modelers in this forum bringing a plasticine Grandeur to life! :thumbsup:

(And am I the only one who positively salivates at the idea of a professional modeler like REL doing a multi-kilobuck replica of the Grandeur?!)

13. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I will live in a trailer for college if that will allow me to buy the thing.

;)

14. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

Keep up the great work Vektor.

Can't wait to see this baby onscreen someday

15. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

In Forbin's case it probably will become a three nacelled version with a huge phaser cannon, extended hull and the like.. ;)

16. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

Hell no you arent. I know REL charges a pretty penny for his work (and rightly so). In the past I havent been able to bring myself to pay what he deserves, but for a product like this, screw the kids, they can starve for a week. I'd buy this in a NY minute.

:lol: Nah I dont think even he could bring himself to do that with this one

17. Griffworks

Methinks thou doth underestimate Forbin a bit.... ;)

18. CaptainRoop

On a note of interest to some, Myself and the Commander have begun preliminary talks with the model builder as soon as the final details are worked out it will posted on the Grandeur website under the Grandeur-A project area, will let everyone know when that will be.

19. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I checked out the Grandeur website & the ship referred to on the website as the Blackfoot is a Banzai-Class / Redemption-Class fighter developed by Paul S. Cargile @ "Starfleet Military Reserves". Images also available at "Star Trek: Australia"

20. CaptainRoop

Yes you are correct on that, The Commander/known as the Citizen on here, which is my XO has spoken to Mister Cargile and we have full permission to use it as we would like. But thanks for sharing that with us.