Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 7, 2012.

1. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

My thoughts exactly. :)

2. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

From the quick glimpse I saw of it, it seemed to be be some username/password combo hidden behind the photo. I think I saw the word 'cayman' in there as well. Online recording, maybe? Would nullify destroying the laptop pretty good.

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

It was the number of a bank account in the Cayman Islands, I'd wager.

4. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I checked and you are correct... a Swiss bank account.

[​IMG]

5. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Finally caught up on the previous four seasons. Really, really wish I had cable or satellite. I've been hearing good things about the S5 opener though. Just glad to hear Mike's still kicking. It wouldn't be the same without that crazy son of a bitch.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

The magnet scheme was interesting, although you'd think a smart guy like Walt would know better than to turn it up all the way. I get that something had to go wrong, in keeping with the themes of the show, but couldn't we have had it be something that didn't depend on Walt being stupid?

I'm very curious to see how Walt ends up with a new look and identity, though. Maybe he finally gets the money together for "the guy" who fixes identities. Nice that they planted the seeds for that a while back.

Not much else to say at this point. Things have only just begun!

7. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A Swiss bank account? The Cayman Islands? I'm calling it now, Gus was in cahoots with Romney. :shifty:

It was a pretty good episode, not the show's best but I wasn't expecting it to be. The story is wide open now, without Gus any number of things could happen, which is a feeling that was kinda lacking in season 4. The teaser certainly has me intrigued, but knowing this show I doubt that any of our guesses about how Walt finds himself in that position will be proven correct.

8. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Walt's smart but he's overconfident as all hell, which I assumed was the point. Jesse's the voice of reason - get the hell out of there - and Walt's all let's do it some more. And then at the end he remains glibly confident that the entire thing worked perfectly and people should accept that as an article of faith because Walt says so.

The man's in love with his own voice (and with the voice of Bryan Cranston, who can blame him?) and that sense of authority. Walt's smart but far from flawless.

9. Robert Maxwell

I guess I'm just a little surprised that a chemistry teacher would apparently not be too up on magnetism and electromagnets. He should've been able to do the math based on what it took to wipe the drive Jesse had. Figuring out the field strength from the original set of batteries vs. the distance to Jesse's laptop should've let Walt rough out the numbers to know what field strength he'd need to do the job at the distance given (accounting for the concrete wall, which I assume would interfere some but not a whole lot.)

I get that they were in a hurry, but Walt being "overconfident" doesn't mean he should be "stupid."

I just wish Jesse had said something about, "fucking magnets!"

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The opener was probably a flashforward to the final episode. The pills Walt was taking honestly were far more intriguing than a gun, even a big one, and a duffel full of money, even a big one. The title obviously is intended to hint at the climax and we're suppposed to think Walt is going to live free, or die. Which presumably means Walt thinks he needs to kill someone to do so. Mike, Jesse, Saul, Hank, a new party as yet unintroduced? Walt has done everyone wrong in some fashion or other. But why would he need to kill someone if he's going to die from recurrent cancer?

11. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I can't imagine what Walt would want to use this gun for. For an assassination or self defense it's a really strange choice for a guy who's never shown any interest or skill in weapons. Why not buy a scoped rifle or an Uzi instead - something easy to use and practical?

12. Count Zero

I think it will be part of a complicated scheme. It just smells like one of Walt's mad plans. I'm also pretty sure that it's from the season finale because it connects to the first episode of the show where Walt has his 50th birthday and Skylar arranges the bacon on his eggs to display the number.

13. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm guessing that the series will end with Walt going on a Falling Down-style rampage. :p

14. Robert Maxwell

"I'm the bad guy? How did that happen?"

15. Zeke

Zeke Captain Captain

I recently got into this show. I don't enjoy it exactly -- I like my protagonists likable -- but it's really good stuff. You guys might get a kick out of my parody of the series pilot. (It's a "five-minute" parody like the ones I write for TrekToday... which at this point, unfortunately, only the real veterans will remember.)

Robert Maxwell, words are not enough to express my approval of your avatar/title/location/sig combo. Sata andagi would suffice if I had any...

16. Count Zero

:lol:

I like it. I'm a little distressed I'm now counted among the real veterans, now, though.

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm just waiting to see where we finally end up with Walt & Hank, & Jesse. I just can't envision an end to this thing without one or more of those guys dead

18. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Mike just made a HUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake

19. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Half measures. ;)

20. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, this will end badly for everyone involved. I think that in the end, it will be Hank vs Walt, and Walt will be brought down by his over-confidence. He's just not as smart as he thinks, when the world of crime is considered.