Shatner moderated a TNG reunion in Boston 6/8/13

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JanewayRulz!, Jun 10, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

What a HOOT! :guffaw:

He had Michael Dorn, Brent Spiner, Le Var Burton, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden & Denise Crosby on stage for 90 minutes and they all rocked! :bolian:

If anyone has a chance to catch this panel in another venue, run don't walk to the ticket booth and grab a seat.

HOWLED when Le Var told Bill his fav Trek character was Spock, then everyone else also picked ANOTHER (Not Kirk) TOS character as a fav. Bill plays flustered so well. :rofl:

Anyone else catch these guys this past weekend? :rommie:

2. RPOW0614

RPOW0614 Commander Red Shirt

I missed the Saturday events but went Sunday. Except for the power being out in downtown Bostonin the morning, it was great. I saw Rene and Nana on stage, they were nice. Saw Levar and Marina on stage, they were hilarious. I like her a lot more now than I ever did. Never liked Troi but Marina is a riot Then Shatner came out and did his thing for about an hour. The first question someone asked was "Queen to queens level four" and he had no clue what the girl was talking about. He didn't act flustered, he was flustered and just ignored the question and went on to the next one. In all it was a good experience for my first Con.

3. JanewayRulz!

I think its amazing when "we fans" think our stars are as obsessively aware of trek dialogue as we are. Especially when many of the actors admit to never watching the shows because they were IN them and can't watch without being supercritical about their performances. :rolleyes:

Shatner was pretty irreverent both days, as is his usual. :guffaw:

Marina was a HOOT sat night! "I made sure there was NOTHING of Marina in Troi, since Troi is so good." Had you been there Saturday night you would have heard Marina tell the story of how she was placed on a domestic terrorist watch list by a disgruntled TSA officer. (Michael Dorn Played the TSA officer as she played "herself" in a quick vignette. Again, WHAT a HOOT!) :lol:

If you saw Denise Crosby's talk, you might have heard "part 2" of a discussion from Sat night, about how would Denise play things now vs as a 25 year old neophyte actress. That discussion came about after Several of the actors mentioned the blatent racism of a season 1 ep (Code of Honor?) and how at that stage they felt too unempowered to stand up to the producers. Denise and Gates also mentioned how blatant sexism was another problem that the female actors had to deal with in season 1. :klingon:

I wanted to ask Gates to expound on that, given the rumors as to why she left for a year, but since she only touched on it briefly, I figured she didn't want to be pushed on that question. :vulcan:

Le Var and Marina were great as a duo Sunday, and I think the con people should seriously pair the actors with a partner when they throw them out on stage, just to let them riff on each other. That gives us what we want anyway, a glimpse into the "working life/relationships" of our fav actors. :p

Rene & Na Na were awesome too, and just as nice in the autograph line. :bolian:

Nichelle Nichols is still beautiful, :adore: but I think the folks at Creationent. need to limit her to the 1 on 1 stuff with her fans, autographing and photo-ops. She's the same age as Shatner and Nimoy, and still has an enchanting smile, but is definately showing signs of aging.

The venue was much nicer than two years ago at the Hyatt... we loved shopping in the mall in between talks, and just hanging around the street/inner courtyards when we wanted air. Luckily I was too late to actually get a room at the host hotel and was staying outside the reach of the power outage on Sunday.

4. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was she having difficulty keeping up with the questions or something, Janeway?

5. JanewayRulz!

Adam the con organizer sat with her the entire time and engaged her in a gentle conversation, leading her to tell various well known stories of her past. She tended to repeat herself frequently during her recollections, and sometimes did not tell the particular story he was suggesting or did not tell it in the manner she's told us in the past.

To be fair... George Takei also was long winded in his answers to questions, and sometimes went off on an unexpected tangent, but more like the way a political candidate does in a debate... answering a question he wants rather than what the questioner wants.

To be fair once more, both Shatner and Takei had trouble hearing the questions and processing some of them, but I really think it was simply an auditory issue.

Since Adam monopolized (wisely) Nichelle's time on stage with his give & take format, I think she only took 1 or 2 questions from the audience.

In the autograph line I had to repeat myself twice to let her know what an important role model she was in my youth, but once she heard me she "got it", smiled and not only personalized my photo, she added a blessing to it too.

What a sweet, amazing woman.

I felt honored to meet her and pleased to tell her yet again how much she came to mean to young girls all across America.

6. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Glad to hear it all turned out well, Janeway:)

Any way to share pics from the event or of your autographs?

7. JanewayRulz!

^^As TDPossum can attest, :alienblush: I don't know how to "do" that (share my photo-ops/autographs). Also, I didn't bring my camera this year, so didn't take any of my own shots.

I will say, someone has already put up Shatner's solo turn on youtube with fair audio. :bolian:

A snippet from Brent & Gates talk is also up, but the audio leaves much to be desired. :rolleyes: