Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Savage Dragon, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Correct.

2. sadsquid

sadsquid Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sweet! Will be great to have that consistent, quality work for those seasons. Can't wait to see Chain of Command and Frame of Mind in HD!

3. Jaro Stun

Jaro Stun Captain Captain

Hmm...thats interesting.
    Until now I was living under impression that S4+S6 are MV's job, while CBS-D will remaster S5+S7.

If CBS-D is now taking on even S6, does it mean that either
    - MV's job on S4 is not that stellar either (its easy to hide in trailer, remember even for S2 trailer was not the point where lower quality was so universally noticed)
    - CBS-D will spend less time on remastering of individual seasons and the overall quality might suffer
    - CBS-D is now having majority of stock VFX assets pre-created and remastering of a season will now take less time

I for sure hope it is the last of the possibilities, since I would hate S4 to become same stinker as S2; as well as I would hate the superb quality produced by CBS-D so far to drop just to satisfy overseeing PMs and execs

While S6 in CBS-D is in general good news, for some reason I'm smelling something...:vulcan:

4. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or d) CBS Digital is doing S5 and S6. They're farming out S7 for cheap since frankly "All Good Things" is probably going to be that season's standalone release, and that's the only episode most people care about anyways.

5. Jaro Stun

Jaro Stun Captain Captain

I so hope that d) is not the case ;)
    I like S7 much more than S6 and AGT is one of my favorite Trek episodes altogether.

6. GameOn

GameOn Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well except "Parallels" and "The Pegasus".

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't speak for me. I want Season 7 done just as well as the other seasons. Just because it's weaker than other seasons doesn't mean should be done hap-hazardly either. Besides, some great episodes like Lower Decks, Parallels, Pre-emptive Strike, All Good Things, the Gambit 2 parter, and The Pegasus, were in this season.

8. LogicDeLuxe

LogicDeLuxe Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I can think of another possibility:
    - CBS-D does the remaining TNG and continues with all of VGR while another company does DS9 and TAS to be released in parallel.

9. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Actually, I would prefer if CBS farmed out Voyager and did DS9 inhouse.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Only because you hate VOY right?

11. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Maybe over the past year CBS-D has been increasing the number of people working on the project and now they feel capable of taking on the extra season. Perhaps they have been able to make the whole process faster and more efficient as well.

They also want to ensure they have the manpower to do DS9 and VOY in HD at the same time? If they do.... I'm gonna be broke :)

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I really doubt they will remastered both DS9 and VOY at the same time.

ENT was a special case since it was always ready to be put on Bluray.

13. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Well, CBS-D can do DS9 and Modern Video can do Voyager. If one company does one show it will be more consistent, rather than having a CBS/HTV situation again. If HTV had done Season 1,2 and 3 we would love HTV :)

14. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

I don't hate it, I watched the entire series during the original run. It does rate below DS9 for me, but that is certainly not my only reason for preferring CBS-D to do the work. Voyager shifted to CGI midway through Season 3, but DS9 shifted to CGI in Season 6. CBS-D has pretty much perfected the process of recompositing the original practical effects, so I would rather they did DS9 since there are 5 seasons of traditional model effects to recomposite. They're the best team for the job.

15. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If DS9 and VOY are remastered, then they will be done one at a time. CBS will want returns from one before greenlighting the other.

DS9 and Voyager aren't as popular as TNG, so CBS will probably want to tread lightly.

The more sales TNG and Enterprise gets, the better the chances are.

16. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Well, I would say that unlike Voyager, Deep Space Nine is the place where things actually happen. In Voyager, Harry Kim starts as an Ensign, and ends as an Ensign. In Deep Space Nine, Rom starts out as a petty thief and ends as a Starfleet officer who manned a bridge station onboard both Defiant ships. Voyager is about spending seven years going from one point of the galaxy to another, where Deep Space Nine dealt with a quadrant scale war that involved all the major powers.

17. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I bet the Redemption Blu-ray will have a similar cover to BOBW. The cover will fold open to show Worf in a Starfleet uniform underneath the Klingon uniform.

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

That's Nog you're thinking of. Rom started out as an idiot bartender and ended up Grand Nagus. ;)

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

When one even writes that, I wonder how the hell did that happen. Rom being Grand Negus seemed so awkward.

20. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Sorry about that. But you see? Even the idiot guest stars get more character development than Voyager's main character Harry Kim.