PICTURE THIS!!! - The new picture thread of YOU!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by T'Baio, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Shut-up! I think he's cute! :devil:

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I'm adorable.

3. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

And i thought you had good taste in men. :(

:p

4. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I do. :vulcan: Actually I am very picky.

And mimic your workspace is almost messy compared to mine. :rommie: I am, after all, OCD. On my last work review my boss actually wrote a huge paragraph about how clean my desk is and how rigorously organized my files are.

5. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

OCD is probably the one thing that could make you very popular with a boss - never necessary to check whether you are taking care of the details... :lol:

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

So I've finally gone through a few more photos from my trip to Tuscany in May. Here are a few from my tour of the Chianti region.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. An Officer

Impressive. Did you take a few bottles home? Or were you concerned about breakage?

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I only brought one bottle home. I drank the rest there!

9. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not actually a workspace. I imagine for it to earn that title I would actually have to do that thing called 'work' there...

10. An Officer

Naturally. Good man. :D I'm not a big wine fan, but I make exceptions for Italian.

11. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

My friend went to Italy last year. She brought be a bottle of Lacryma Christi wine. It was wonderful and i wanted to keep the empty bottle until i came home to find out my mom had cleaned my room while i was at work and threw it away. :(

12. An Officer

Have you tried Fragolino wine? Basically tastes of strawberries - I mean really strawberries, not just a hint of... That's what I always have brought back if someone is visiting. Tastes like fruit juice, but still has a surprising kick!

13. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Do they export it? Or can you only get it locally?

14. Omnius

Omnius Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw a Vulcan fly today at the Royal Netherlands Air Force public days. Not the pointy ear kind, but the last flying survivor of the Avro Vulcan; one of the V-Bombers of Britain's Nuclear Strike Force. With a wingspan of 33 metres this aircraft is an impressive sight to behold both on the ground and in the air. The funds to fly and maintain this aircraft are raised completely by public donations and fundraising events. So I did my part by shopping in their (well priced!) gift store :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For size comparison, in this picture the Vulcan flies in formation with a Hawker Hunter and a F-16.
    [​IMG]
    After its flight, it was being refueled. Which took too long for me to get a nice shot from the front side. So I opted for a rear view. :p

Some highlights:
    [​IMG]
    A C-17 Globemaster III from Dover, DE (USA), another huge bird.
    [​IMG]
    The RNLAF F-16 Solo Display painted in a colourful new paintscheme. Later that day it performed a really dazzling display.

In the end, the Vulcan was what made my day, just amazing to see such a piece of history still flying today.

For those who still don't have a clue, it's the same type of plane from that James Bond movie Thunderball. ;)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  15. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

^ When I was a kid, me and my dad used to go to the yearly airshow in our area. One year they had a Vulcan squadron there (four aircraft). And they did a "scramble" take-off. Those Vulcans thundering up into the air with alarming rapidity is an experience never to be forgot!

And I've even found a photo online taken at that very airshow in 1981....CLICK

16. Omnius

Omnius Vice Admiral Admiral

wow, that must have been awesome! :)
    Cool picture!

17. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't take it, but yup, it's a cool picture. It's nice to know that somewhere beneath those aircraft is a younger me with his hands over his ears in a vain attempt to lessen the immense noise...

:D

18. An Officer

I've looked high and low and found only one shop in London selling it locally, the brand they stock though is not a very good one. The best (most strawberry-like) is the Duchessa Lia - not the priciest but the tastiest. :D I haven't yet tried buying it online myself, but this place seems to have it, and I think it ships to the United States. :)

19. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was testing out my new camera's portrait taking abilities, and here is one of the results.

(And yes, that *is* the BBS on my screen. :))

[​IMG]

This is after a hair cut and becoming clean shaven a mere week and a half ago. Luckily my girlfriend likes the scruffy look!

20. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

the Vulcan's appearing at RAF Kemble today, i'm hoping I'll see it near my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.