Would you buy Fallout 3 on the 360 or PC?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Twilight, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a 360 and a powerful PC.

So: I could play on the PC at higher resolution and probably higher shaders settings, etc. and experience a prettier game.

or,

I could buy it for the 360 and not have to deal with the hassles that accompany PC gaming, and use the controller which I generally like better with FPSs (yes, I know F3 isn't really an FPS)

The PC will also be getting the 360 exclusive DLC, as I recall (correct me if I'm wrong)...

which would you choose?

2. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

If Oblivion is any indication, the PC will be the vastly superior platform... not just for technical reasons (it will look better) but for the plethora of user created mods that are likely to be made.

Also, did you just say that you like the controller better for FPS's? Blasphemy :p

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I'm getting it for the Xbox, but that's because I've not upgraded my PC in a couple of years, and it only had mid-range graphics when I built it.
    I'd say if you generally prefer your xbox controls, go with that, but if you're in to the modding scene, or you prefer the options that come with the PC version, then go with that.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd say your money would be better spent on SW:Force Unleashed. But that's just me....

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Probably the 360. I'll miss the mods that will be available, as with Oblivion, but my PC's a couple years old and probably won't be able to run Fallout 3 the way I'd like it to.

6. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, also, it's probably likely that you'll be able to connect your 360 controller to your PC and play it that way (if you have a wireless one, you can get an overpriced USB receiver for it). So that way you can use the controller and still get the graphical benefit of having it on PC, assuming your specs are up to snuff.

7. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

As a newly graduated member of the workforce, I don't have the money to upgrade my vowfully underpowered PCs. I do however own a 360! :D

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Why? It's a fairly mediocre game.

9. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm getting the 360 version mostly because my 4 year old laptop probably can't run it well. It could do Oblivion okay, but I just don't want to worry about it.
    Then, I'll just wait for all the DLC to come out and grab the cheaper repacked "GOTY" edition on the PC if the game is good enough. I planned on doing that with Mass Effect, but no mods on the PC pretty much killed it.

I think if you have a capable computer, you might as well go with the PC version as, yeah, it will be the better version. It will be cleaned up much faster than the 360 version and probably even be the better experience even without mods.

10. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm getting it for the 360. I'd rather have a version of the game optimized for the 360 then tinker around with settings and maybe not play it at full settings on the PC.

I know I'll be missing out on the mods, but I never had any mods for Fallout 1 or 2, so...

11. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

There is something very odd about this statement...

12. firehawk12

Sadly, that's how we think about gaming these days. ;)

13. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

I'm sure Nintendo will be thrilled to learn that Starcraft was an N64 exclusive. :lol:

14. firehawk12

Hey, those Starcraft 64 exclusive missions never made it to the PC!

15. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No there isn't.

16. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Read it a few times, when you see it, you'll shit bricks.

17. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see what Rii was trying to say, I just don't find it odd. As firehawk correctly pointed out, this is just how we refer to games these days. If something appears on 1 console + PC, then it's considered an exclusive for that console. I'm sorry if people don't like it, but whether it's technically correct or not, that's how we talk about it nowadays :)

18. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Lesbians in it?

19. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After buying the 360 version of Oblivion there's no way I'm going to buy the console version of any other Bethesda game. I'm missed out on tons of great mods and I'm still waiting for a decent price drop on the PC version of Oblivion GotY.

When Microsoft says something is a 360 exclusive they mean for consoles only.

20. firehawk12

Well, I was being a little bit facetious. ;)