the SECOND best VULCAN!!!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RobertScorpio, Mar 22, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yes, we all know Nimoy's Spock broke the mold. But what character has been the second best Vulcan since Spock? Mark Lenard? Kirsty Alley?

Nope...none of those. It is most definately Sheldon on BIG BANG THEORY. Best Vulcan since TOS bar none!!!

Rob

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Nimoy was second. For my money Mark Lenard was the best portrayal of a vulcan in ST.

Sheldon is a very close third.

3. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

have to say mark lenard was the next best vulcan way in front of any others.

4. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

I can't go with anyone but Spock and Sarek either. They made Vulcans what they are. No one else has lived up to the standard they set.

Who is Sheldon?

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I see it that way too...especially since Spock was just half/Vulcan and had those silly human emotions to deal with...

Rob

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Tim Russ' Tuvok, for my money, was easily the best Vulcan since Nimoy's Spock.

7. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Oddly enough, thinking more about it, Mark Lenard was also the best on-screen Romulan. Go figure.

8. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

I vote Tim Russ...

9. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

Best Vulcan: Mark Lenard. Or...maybe a two-way tie between Lenard and Nimoy.

Best Romulan: Mark Lenard, by far.

In fact, I do believe I even prefer Mr. Lenard's Klingon over half or more of all the others we've seen. :lol:

10. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

If we're counting books, then Surak.

If we're only counting screen events, then it would be easier to say who wasn't a good Vulcan. Sarek, Soval, Tuvok, T'Pol, T'Pau (both versions), everyone from Amok Time, everyone from the end of ST: III, everyone from the DS9 baseball game - all good. The worst I can say for almost anyone who played a Vulcan is that they were boring. And, well, they're Vulcan, so that isn't really a problem, is it?

Ironically, if I were going to pick the worst on-screen performance of a Vulcan, it would be Surak from TOS. But even that has an excuse - he was fake!

The worst thing any of the actors do is mistake attitude for stoicism from time to time, but that's mostly the long-term actors like Russ or Blalock, and really, pretty understandable. Especially for Russ. If I were on Voyager, I'd be pissed off all the time, too. :lol:

11. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I tend to agree, although as far as the shows are concerned, I'd actually put Tuvok third and Saavik fourth. Maybe T'Pol can be 3.5? Maybe.

Oh noes!

From the TV series 'The Big Bang Theory.' Sheldon is a main character, a Trekkie and Spock/Nimoy fan who behaves in a rather Vulcan manner.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  12. rramarr

rramarr Commander Red Shirt

I agree: Mark Lenard as Sarek, Leonard Nimoy as Spock, Tim Russ as Tuvok, and Jolene Blalock as T'Pol (nearly because of her emotions that were coming through and her romantic relationship with Trip) - otherwise I would have chosen Kristie Alley as Saavik.

13. deadman_uk

deadman_uk Commander Red Shirt

My vote goes to Tuvok, the BEST vulcan, not second best :P

14. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to say Selar, because nobody has mentioned her and Susie Plakson is hot.

15. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

I agree with that. But as much as I agree with it, I would also ad the phrase, so far...

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I dunno why, but I always liked Vorik. Wanted to see more from him, really.

17. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Sarek

Surak 3rd.

18. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Great post...And I agree with all of it..

But one Vulcan I liked? The dude from SAREK, TNG's great episode. The younger Vulcan who was tasked to control Sarek and then later admitted to Data that there was a problem? I thought he was pretty good..

Rob

19. Vic Sixx

Vic Sixx Commodore Commodore

T'vok is second I think, with Saavik third. I was tempted to vote Valeris cuz nobody has mentioned her yet.

20. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    ^Heh. I wonder if Tuvok had a twin sister named T'Vok, given the Vulcan naming scheme... ;)

Ooh, Photoshop time.