What is Clark's "Secret"?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 7, 2008.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's not what I meant. It's more like "secret" is the code word.

For Chloeavage to instead say, "Lex knows you're an alien!"

A Is more direct.
    B Sounds more natural.
    C Doesn't confuse the issue.

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clark's Secret? That's easy. Sometimes.....he still wets the bed. :guffaw:

3. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

I suppose because if anyone (say, a meteor freak with giant ears, or a billionaire playboy with all sorts of tech at his disposal) were listening, it would be better for them to learn that Clark has a secret rather than that Clark is an alien.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Obviously, Clark's secret is that he's gay for Lex.

5. Brian

That's no secret. :lol:

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Clark feeling any kind of guilt over the meteor shower is easily one of the stupidest things imaginable. He didn't blow up the planet! He couldn't have blown up the planet because he was a baby! Incapable of doing anything. He was just part of the debris because Jor-El put him there. He can't be held responsible for the actions of others, especially when he was completely incapable of doing anything about it because he was incapable of forming a rational thought. If Lana blamed him for her parents death, then she is even stupider than Clark and that's pretty stupid.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So then it's fortunate he can float above the sheets like Sigourney Weaver.

A it's more meaty
    B Sounds more Spicy
    C Doesn't confuse the Delicatessen

He's never said sorry or noted the most peripheral compliance in the situation. And Lana never said boo either. it's a non subject on smallville. I liked it on Gossip Girl last week that the Lex Luthor-like character told the possibly as dull as Clark Kent Character that his father hated him because his mother died in child birth and his mother never forgave him.

My secret this, my secret that. Y'know what I liked about the Alf Movie? Once they moved Gordon to Area 51, not only did he like it, but he thrived in a Sergeant Bilko sort of way running those soldier boys around in circles like his own human chess pieces.

And then he got a talk show.

Alf the puppet is a more believable as a person than Tom Welling.

I did see arrival the other day which is what started this. The Bloke and Gal that showed up with the Brainiac Construct did claim to be from the fall of Krpton (almost?) but what had they been doing for the last 20 years that they may not have come straight to earth from Krypton but still had a meteor shower to fuck up humanity just a little more bloodier.

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I have no idea what that was supposed to be about.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That was where Brainiac arrived.

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

But why were there meteors that time?

11. Brian

Wasn't it an ongoing thematic thread in the first season, once Clark realized that his arrival coincided with the Langs' deaths? I seem to recall a big reason for keeping his secret from her was that he feared that she would blame him. At least that's about the only impression I retain from the Green Pendant Days.

She was carrying that baggage so hard, she was wearing her parents' deaths around her neck. He was terrified of her finding out, as I recall.

Not to say he should bear any responsibility for the event, though.

12. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rommie: I was hoping you'd do that. :)

13. Guy Gardener

I watched the first two seasons on dvd recently and I didn't pick up on that, although I was kinda spacey (now that's an ironic and punny thing to say unintentionally.) trying to absorb all that shit in just three days.

I saw again the alternate present where Supergirl is head of Domestic Security working for... Fuck Kal El is thick, he was even told that that world was not real that "Jor-El" was just spinning fear like FOX to beat Clark into submission with the worst shit the "AI nanny cam who pretends to be his father" could imagine... But there was still a meteor strike even without Clarks Ship, that just kara's ship brought all that radio active bullshit raining down on smalville by itself and what was that about her mission being to find and kill baby Kal-El? "Jor-El" just loves a good wheeze... But she went as far as to say that she had been raised along side Lex (without aging in the last 20 years/but still found under the damn) and that he had protected her secret...

SHE WAS THE PERSON WHOSE JOB IT WAS TO HUNT HERSELF (Dexter much?) DOWN AND SHE COULDN'T LOCATE THE IRONY OR THE HUMOUR IN HER SITUATION STILL CRAVENLY BEGGING FOR SECURITY FROM PRESIDENT LUTHOR WHO PLAYED HER LIKE A FIDDLE... No, really for the ham fisted skill that imaginary Lex luthor displayed, he played her like a slide whistle.

I love how angry the ineptitude of this story telling makes me feel. It makes me feel like the Hulk or Lewis black.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

And that is exactly what survivor's guilt *is*. Feeling guilty about surviving when others have died even though you were not the cause.

15. Guy Gardener

And Eva Braun's secret offspring feel a little complicit about all the families that were disappeared to create their new identities when they were put into hiding during the last days of the second world war.

Everyone died because Clark is more important they are. Little people don't matter. Most humans are little people. The universe can burn as long as any given Kryptonian gets their own way. During the second strike, the news report said "29 people are dead" and he said "My parents!" because they were more important to him than all these people who died on graduation day were inconsequential because some new menace was out to destroy him and couldn't quit hit their target.

[Erkle]"Did I do that?"[/Erkle]

In the case of the first meteor strike, Clark was the bullet rather than than the finger on the trigger. It's grunt work, but still pretty important.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I find your sentence structure "challenging".

17. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

His secret is that he's an alien with super powers.

And he's Superman.