Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Geoff Johns! Man, he needs to write some fill in issues!

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes he does, despite his Justice League which I dislike, he wrote some fantastic "Smallville" episodes. I would just be in geek heaven if the Legion made a guest appearance. Knox returning to be revealed as Vandal Savage would be awesome as well. This thing has literally so many possibilities.

3. Admiral James Kirk

I wants Supergirl and the Legion. Wouldn't it be a scream if Kara hooked up with Brainiac?

4. Admiral_Young

Oi...I forgot about Kara! That would indeed be awesome.

5. Admiral James Kirk

The possibilities are endless! Maybe we'll get Turtle Boy! :lol:

6. Admiral_Young

Let's not get too carried away now ;)

7. Admiral James Kirk

What... no Elastic Lad? ;)

8. Admiral_Young

I'm still kind of choked with that garbage they pulled with Jimmy's brother LOL. I felt bad for Aaron Ashmore. I wonder how he felt when he found out that he wasn't actually Jimmy Olsen.

9. Admiral James Kirk

Maybe they can draw Jimmy to look like Shawn Ashmore! ;)

10. Admiral_Young

Heh. Actually didn't we get a glimpse of Jimmy in one of the first two issues? Or am I misremembering things. Sometimes I feel like we're PM'ing each other LOL.

11. Admiral James Kirk

I can't recall if they've shown Jimmy or not. Yeah, it does feel like we've been PMing. Of course you and I are like 90% of this thread. :)

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

And in time, I hope to fill in the other 10%!

:lol:

Just finished reading through the two-page narrative between you two, and I have to say I agree with much of what you've said in regard to the show and the way certain things were handled. Sorry AY, but I was not a Lana fan as you know, and I too, was just as happy to see her banished as 'Krypto-Woman'. Personally, I think feel that Lana should've been dumped from the show after Season 3, but that's just me.

Still catching up on the digital issues, hope to take a break from writing tonight to read 5 & 6, then I'll buy the next two. Oh and regarding Jimmy, I do not recall seeing him in any of the issues thus far. Remember, this is just six months after the main part of the finale, that final tag where we see Jimmy was like what, three years later, methinks? If that's the case, we probably won't see young Mr. Olsen show up for quite awhile.

And yeah, the way they handled the character on the show was just frakking appalling. I felt really bad for Aaron.

Later, dudes.

:)

13. Admiral James Kirk

Not just you. :D

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone on this.

:techman:

And it has nothing to do with Kristen, rather just the character and the way that her mere presence held Clark back and continued to enable his overall douchiness. When they brought her back in the middle of Season 8, I just saw the whole storyline reverting back four seasons. And that was at the point where it was beginning to feel more like Superman a bit and less like Clark Kent, Down on the Farm.

Then of course we got Seasons 9 and 10, which just prolonged the agony of him still being a douche and not flying and becoming Supes.

:devil:

15. Admiral James Kirk

I never blamed Kristen. I mean, goddamn, the woman is gorgeous. I just hated the self-centered, entitled attitude the woman had and the way she had Clark so thoroughly whipped he could barely function as a human/kryptonian being much less as a hero. Also...

Lois and Clark were coming along nicely until Lana showed up. It just made it seem like Clark was settling for Lois after Lana left rather than choosing her because he actually wanted her. Pissed me off. Still glad Lana was thoroughly written out though. :D

You know I really loved seasons 8-10 and thought Clark was coming along nicely except for the Miles and Alfred's "No flights" bullshit that Brian and Kelly stupidly continued to enforce.

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Seriously, what was up with that, for the love of God? I mean, at that point it was laughable when virtually everyone around Clark could fly except him. I mean hell, I half expected the Chlovage to fly when she was under the influence of Brainiac, :lol:. His own cousin thought he was defective in some way because he was the only Kryptonian to land on Earth and not be able to fly. Continuing his not flying until the very final ep was just plain lame and damaged the perception of Clark as a true Superman.

All of my kevetching aside, I do still miss having the show on the air.

:guffaw:

17. Admiral James Kirk

:lol: Yeah, he really was more Super-Flash than he was Superman. I think he should have been able to fly after the s4 season premiere ep. If Kal El could fly then BY GOD so could Clark! :rolleyes:

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That's really a good point, as it clearly showed Clark's problem was all in his head and not a physical limitation. If he hadn't been constantly poppin' a chub over Lana all the time, he'd have taken to the air as you say, in the Fourth Season premier. That truly would've been great, for Chlo to learn the truth about him simultaneously with the formation of the Fortress AND him actually flying.

Damn. What a missed opportunity, IMO.

19. Admiral James Kirk

Additionally, I wish Chloe could have learned Clark's secret on her own without Alicia's assistance. I mean the girl was a reporter and exceedingly intelligent and not only doesn't she learn it on her own but Clark's psycho ex-wife is the one to spill it to her? Damn!

By the way I wasn't slamming Alicia. I really liked Alicia and Sarah Carter as well. She had much better chemistry with Tom Welling than Kristen did and would have made a nice transition between Lana and Lois had they kept her.

Though that does bring up one other thing... No Lori Lemaris who in the comics was the transitional girl between Lana and Lois? It's not like mer-people don't exist in Smallville. AC anybody?

When I think of all the things Alfred and Miles could have done the more bitter I get. :lol: I'm a pretty weird fan, aren't I? :lol:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was always kinda baffled why the kept Lana around for so long after they brought in Lois. To me that kind of defeated the whole purpose of having a Lois Lane character.
    I decided to get the two newest Star Trek: Typhon Pact novels today, so it might be at least another couple weeks before I start on this.