Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and DVD Sep 28!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here is the official announcement and specs for both versions of the DVD. Blu-Ray of course is loaded while the DVD has just commentary and deleted scenes which is fine. I'll be getting this when it comes out.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67897

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Day one Blu-Ray buy for me. Can't wait.

3. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Day one 2-disk DVD buy for me. Sep 28 can't come soon enough.

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Really didn't impress me. I think I'll wait till it goes down in price before I bother buying it. I'm in no desperate need to watch it again as of yet

5. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Making of on Blu Ray only? Fuckin' hell. Assholes.

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

September 28th doesn't seem so far away. I was thinking it would be released in November or something.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Blu-Ray is getting all the good featurettes and documentaries now which pisses me off. DVD just gets the commentary track and deleted scenes. I don't see why you'd need two discs for that. You could put that on a single disc easily IMO.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Day minus 10 x264 rip for me!

What? :confused:

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It was fun, but I have little interest in owning this nor any other superhero titles these days, especially with the cost of new Blu-Rays.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You have to get them at Best Buy the day they come out. They always sell them at a much lower price than is listed.

11. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Yep, if they're only releasing the making of documentary on Blu Ray, I'll just be ripping it instead of buying it.

Good job, movie studios. Way to fight piracy. :rolleyes:

Idiots.

12. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was all set to rip into them over treating us dvd owners like second-class citizens. But the two-disk doesn't sound too bad. Most of that stuff on the BR I'd likely only watch once anyway.
    Sucks about the making-of though.

13. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

The making of is the major special feature that is generally the biggest deal. They only include it on the Blu Ray because they're trying to get people to convert. But then they include a DVD with the Blu Ray? :rolleyes: So retarded.

I'll hold out as long as I can before I switch to Blu-Ray...or whatever comes next. In the meantime, I'm downloading more than ever. Like I said, their master plan for fighting piracy is brilliant.

14. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't mind Blu-Ray per se. Its having to buy the $300 player and $1000 HD television in order to watch them I have a problem with.

15. hamudm

hamudm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As a fan of the first film, although I liked this walking out of the theatre, upon reflection it hasn't aged well for me. It holds none of the magic and wonder of the first movie; itseems like it's simply going through the motions.

I think "Superman/Batman Apocalypse" is out that month as well, I'll probably just buy that instead.

16. hamudm

hamudm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought a Bluray player for $75 for the second TV. The deals are out there. And a very substantial number of GOOD catalogue BD titles are $9.99 or less these days.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Indeed. This stuff isn't as expensive as one might think, not if you look hard enough.

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And you don't NEED an HDTV to watch blu-ray. Of course the improved video quality may be imperceptible at that point... but the thing will still work.

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Still not low enough for my income. And with the plethora of other superhero films in theaters, I'm not particularly motivated to pick this one up--as much as I enjoyed the film and Robert Downey, Jr.'s performance. But others will disagree.

It will make a nice rental at some point, though.