This made me chuckle

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Solarbaby, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Huh, must be for a third Star Trek movie, cause the next one coming looks great.

3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

"He's evil cause he's British!"

haha

--Alex

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh, I've had my fill of haters-gonna-hate. I'm getting tired of fanboys so stuck in 1966 that they can't look beyond anything else then Star Trek as it was then, and if it isn't an exact copy of that, it will suck. We went through all this when TNG came out, and now TNG is one of the most revered Star Trek shows ever made.

And heck, if you don't like it, that's fine too. But stop forcing your opinion on others with stuff like this.

5. Solarbaby

Is that aimed at me or the guy who made the poster?

6. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Probably the guy who made the poster but in general, it sounds like it's aimed at all fans.

The only people who expect Trek fans to like "all things Trek" are the outsiders who aren't into it in the first place and think it's all the same.

At the same time though, one of the main underlying themes through all Trek is tolerance of others beliefs, even if we don't agree with them. So it's strangely ironic that regardless of which series or film or version of Trek comes up, there's always someone, or some group, that doesn't know how to be civilized and "practice what Trek preaches", for lack of a better term.

How can you say you're a fan of something that talks about tolerance and acceptance while attacking those that believe something different than you?

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

And BTW, Mage, nobody held a gun to your head and said "open the thread and stare at the poster till your eyes bleed!!!" Nobody's forcing anything on anybody.

8. Solarbaby

I can appreciate someone else's funny poke at the things they dislike with Star trek and laugh hard with them. Doesn't mean I actually believe or agree with any or all of the things they hate. Its called having a sense of humour!!!!

And as admiral2 so rightly said no one forced you to look and get so worked up!!!

9. Mage

Shees....

So, it's ok for people to voice their opinion like the guy who made the poster. It's ok for for God knows how many topics and posts where people voice their opinion on how nuTrek sucks ass, just because it's not a direct copy of TOS.

But when I voice my opinion on being a bit fed-up with it, I'm doing something wrong? Makes sense.....

10. Mage

No, it wasn't aimed at you.

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm remaining solidly 'meh' about STID. The trailer didn't get me fired up. I will go and see it but I'm not about to queue for days to get tickets.

I'm really hoping Mr Cumberbatch isn't Khan or Mitchell (or any other existing bad guy). If this is a reboot then let it be original, rather than just rehashing everything that was done before.

The poster did make me chuckle though.

12. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

The dead horse is indeed beaten again.

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll see it as well, some time in it's second week, maybe a afternoon showing.

Dude, it's a cute poster.

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

14. Mage

Yeah, I'm a hoot actually. But like I said, it's ok to voice your opinion when you hate nuTrek appereantly. It's not ok to voice your opinion when you're tired of the same old lame jokes being repeated over and over again.

15. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, better to beat a dead horse...

...than to beat off a dead horse. :wtf: :eek: :wtf: :eek: :wtf:

Sincerely,

Bill

16. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

can we get back to our shared enjoyment of all things star wars now?

17. Mage

;)

18. wjaspers

wjaspers Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You saying this is the same thing as the guy did, when he made the poster, forcing your opinion.

19. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Logic is irrelevant on fan forums.