The Vampire Diaries & The Originals

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Taylirious, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't see The Originals from last night but watched The Vampire Diaries.

This was okay. The thing with Silas is more interesting than last season. Liked the stuff with Jeremy and Damon. Katherine playing "what if" about being turned back is dumb. College murder mystery is dumb as well. What is going on with Matt? They only had a few scenes and it seemed odd. Looking forward to next week. :bolian:

I will post about The Originals later...was it new or did they air the backdoor pilot again?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Back door + 10 minutes of new material spliced in.

It's all really weak.

3. Taylirious

That isn't good - no wonder the ratings were bad.

Okay it was adjusted up. But didn't do what Beauty & The Beast a year before?

ETA: They should have aired it on time. TUE at 8PM.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They shouldn't have released it online two months ago.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually it was mostly new with a few repeat scenes. THey retold the story of the pilot from Elija's point of view.
    I though TVD was OK, but I actually like The Originals more.

6. Taylirious

It was better than TVD EP...I enjoyed The Originals more too.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was looking forward to TVD, but then once it started I realized that I was hesitant to even continue with it after the last few episode of last season. I enjoyed this one enough that I'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

8. Taylirious

Klaus, Elijah and even Rebekah are good...I like Marcel too. I didn't like Phoebe Tonkin on The Secret Circle and I still don't see what she brings here with The Originals.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun Fact of the Day:
    Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley) and Claire Holt (Rebekah) were two of the three leads in the first two seasons of the Australian teen series, H2O: Just Add Water.

10. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Dish Network is fighting with my CBS and CW. I caught the Originals by watching it on my laptop.

It was not bad. I will have to see how they move on from the pilot.

With Klaus, Elijah and Rebecca on the Originals, I am going to give up on Vampire Diaries. The only character they have left that I cared about at all last season is Caroline.

11. Kosh Naranek

Since it is two days later, I am going to create another post rather than editing my last one.

Well, I have now watched the first two eps of the Originals and the first ep of the Vampire Diaries. I will watch ep two of the Vampire Diaries and if it does not do more to grab me, I will be saying so long.

The Originals has done enough to intrigue me. It was interesting to find out that Klaus raised Marcel. Marcel blames Klaus for not coming back, and Klaus blames Marcel for not seeking him out. I wonder if Davina is so devoted to Marcel because he raised her?

Which Original does Marcel want to kill? Someone needs to give him the 411 that killing Klaus will wipe out him and his little gang.

I cannot pinpoint when Haley stopped annoying me, but I liked her the last ep. I love that Becs did not whine or pout, and Klaus really did have a plan. It was great when he Mickey Moused it for Becs and Haley.

12. Taylirious

TVD: The only characters I care about are Stefan & Katherine. The show is still okay for me.

TO: Love it...it is superior to TVD at this point. Love Rebekah and it seems Marcel has a little witch...can't wait to see the next EP.

13. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

I liked Rebekah here, she was a petulent teenager on TVD but here she was fine.

14. Kosh Naranek

"He was kind to me." Haley nailed it. What makes Elijah enjoyable is his compassion. He could wipe anything out of his path, but he takes the time to put himself in the other person's place. Plus, the man looks ultra fine in a suit.

I really felt bad for Marcel's friend and his girlfriend. They seemed like nice people and did not deserve what happened to them. At least she is dead and can't be tortured any more, but Marcel bricked him up for 100 yrs. That is brutal.

I love that Becs is being all take charge, and I feel for the woman. She uses a uncaring, unflinching facade but she still just wants someone to value her.

I wonder what is up with Haley? She has that freaky tattoo, wolves are drawn to her and the witch flipped out.

I actually like Cami. She is a nice contrast to the supernatural beings on the show.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  15. Taylirious

16. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The originals was'nt on tonight :( WTF

17. Taylirious

^ That is because it airs TUE 8PM.

ETA: TVD was okay. We got the story of doppelgängers and crazy Qetziyah.

18. Kosh Naranek

I totally like the Originals better than VD. Most of my favorite characters left for the Originals.

I think both shows are doing better since they halved the cast. There were too many characters and some got the short shrift.

Right now the only thing keeping me watching VD is:
    1. Catherine
    2. The actor that plays Stefan seems to be having a ball as Silas.
    3. I am intrigued by Caroline's new man.

I think it is because the storytelling is more adult. There is angst and drama but it is not teenage angst and drama. I can relate to it more (as much as anyone can relate to a show about rich supernatural beings), because it is not about high school or college.

Plus, the characters are not as whiny. I have noticed that Klaus and Becs have been more take charge and less woe is me. I can actually feel for them now because they are not constantly throwing pity parties of one.

Joseph Morgan is getting to give Klaus a greater range of emotions and Claire Holt is getting to play a Rebecca that is still vulnerable but not as openly needy. Haley is allowed to move out snark mode. Elijah has always been fabulous.

I actually like the new actresses playing Sophie and Cami. Marcel is intriguing and infuriating.

The only person I don't really care for is Davina. [​IMG] I hope she buys the farm soon.

Does anyone think that the "garden" is going to come back and bite Marcel in the butt? He has walled up/ confined vamps there for who knows how long. What happens when someone takes it into their head to set them all free?

I have not watched this week's VD. I will do so over the weekend.

19. Kosh Naranek

So the wolf watching Haley was not just some fluke thing to make us think WTH? The wolf evidently follows her and is her protector. Once again they pointed out the mark on her shoulder. I think she is part of a very old and powerful werewolf clan. Did you hear the wolf howling out in the woods as she was getting ready to escape the house?

I think Klaus showed his hand a bit too early in relation to Davina. Perhaps she will keep her mouth shut and Marcel will be none the wiser?

Marcel is not as all powerful as he first appeared. His secret weapon is growing weary of her confinement and that priest seems to have something over him. Plus, his other vamps seem to be nursing a grudge over him bricking up his right hand man.

The compulsion Klaus used on Cami shows that he is still a very much an end justifies the means kind of guy.

I am glad that Elijah is out of the box.

I think Rebecca envies Haley and is beginning to like the wolf girl just a bit.

Sophie was conspicuous by her absence. I guess next week she will have to deal with the fallout of a few of the witches betraying her.

20. Taylirious

What did Tyler look like as a wolf? LOL. I'd hope it was him before he returns to TVD. I am guessing this wolf is a new one?

Good EP. I actually felt bad for Davina.

I really am liking Cami.

ELIJAH!!!