Yet Another Rewatch Thread...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Distorted Humor, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there any interest in me continuing this?

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, I'd say you spitting out episodes by the dozen kinda makes it hard to offer commentary on any specific one. I love the discussion that goes on during a rewatch thread because it gives us the chance to delve into each individual episode.

I can't speak for anyone but me in this of course. I'd probably be commenting more often if there was a chance for an actual discussion on any one episode to happen. I hope I'm not discouraging you in this, just trying to offer some constructive feedback.

3. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, thank you fr letting me know! :techman:

I will slow down the pace and give more detailed reviews. I ended up without a job, so I have too much free time.

In fact, I will reset to Whispers

"Whispers"

It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you
    ...It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you
    .....It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you

This is a fun episode, though once you learn the ending, the rewatching is less entertaining, as the reveal is very slow. But O'Brian suffers well doesn't he.

Chao does a good job, while always good looking, her acting in trek has always been hot or cold, but this is one of her better episodes, before they shunted her to Bajor as they couldn't figure out what to do with her.

The pacing is slow by todays standards, with the false O'brian listening to logs and trying to figure out what is going on, but it oddly touching to see it.

That, and I have a weakness for clone stories, and this is a clone (well, replicant) story...

7.5 out of 10

I will wait a day or two to allow some conversation before moving on, I will do "Paradise" and "Shadowplay" in detail on the next post.

4. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think us Niners are getting spoiled for watch threads lately. Not only currently yours and Godben's (and occasional Nerys Ghemor's), but there's Trek Today, AVClub, SFDebris... holy cow, there's another just appearing today!?:eek:

Point is you're gonna have to spice your write-ups somehow to generate conversation. I never thought I'd say this about a DS9 Watch Thread, but it's kind of getting lost in the glut.

5. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

I agree.