Brannon Braga writes 4 issue TNG comic!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by M'rk son of Mogh, Sep 13, 2012.

1. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40957

I thought this was super cool.

One of the original writers giving us a new episode, so to speak? That's too good for me to pass up, especially since I've never had a problem with Braga (yup, I'm THAT ONE GUY who loves the Enterprise finale)

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Sigh, Braga. Go away.

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Sigh, but I concur with our resident Kansasan....

yikes

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

..... Thanks?!

5. grabthars hammer

grabthars hammer Captain Captain

A story involving time traveling Borg, with Data and Seven of Nine as main characters; his imagination is as strong as ever :P

6. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Braga...

Well, it could be worse. Could be Maurice Hurley! Just imagine if HE got his claws on Seven. :lol:

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Much as it's cool when a Trek writer does a comic, Braga + Borg? I'll pass. :)

8. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Let's not turn this into a Braga hate-fest. The forum is very peaceful and should stay that way.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Toilet paper is cheaper. :lol:

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

No one has said anything out of line though, surely? Just some negative opinions without going overboard.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's how it starts ;)

I think I'll get these comics. It's an interesting take on the Borg, having everything they ever wanted yet not the perfection.

12. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

**BREAKING NEWS**

The comic series has been cancelled. :D

13. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I honestly think it sounds pretty cool and might check it out. And I don't even read comics.

14. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Terra Nova gets cancelled by FOX so Braga is returning to the HIVE he once occupied. Hasn't he done enough to defang, sissify and generally ruin the Borg already?

15. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it going to be as good as the Voyager episode Threshold though?

That's the real question.

16. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Maybe they'll be some of those deborgified Borg like the ones Chakotay found in the VOY episode Unity. Or the fifthen Borg Cubes destroyed effortlessly by Species 8472in VOY Scorpion and those Borg children from VOY episode Collective lets not forget them.

17. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't get the hate for Brannon Braga. He had his share of bad episodes, like anyone, but he wrote or cowrote a lot of good stuff too. Reunion. Cause and Effect. Frame of Mind. All Good Things. Star Trek First Contact.

18. RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy Commander Red Shirt

I've read the interview and... I am not really interested in this comic. However, I think comic books might actually be where Brannon can really shine. He seems to have that over the top mentality that often works in comics.

His ideas sound like "well, it's all about the borg, and there are two separate time lines, and there's like lacutis and borg Data, and Seven returns to the collective."

From his description, it doesn't sound like a Star Trek comic.
    However, it might be one of those things where I end up pleasantly surprised.

Again, it could just be the way he's pitching this to the public in this interview, trying to put it out there that this contains really big and imaginative things.

19. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Now have a look at a list of his writing credits that come after the co-written All Good Things. There's your answer. :)

But y'know, he has his highs and lows. I doubt many people are saying that he was never good. Some writers start to drift downhill in quality over time. Whether or not that happened to him is up to the individual.

20. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Well yeah, his record after collaborating with Moore isn't great. He had some great, creative ideas, but he worked best when he had a strong producer above him, like Michael Piller, to reign him in and keep focusing on the characters. I think that's why the partnership with Moore worked well; you had a balance on high-concept and well-written characters.

As a show-runner... no thanks.