Hermione vs Bella vs Leia vs Janeway.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JanewayRulz!, Jan 31, 2012.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

2. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its pretty silly.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's great, I've seen the one that ends in Kirk.. "when Kirk lost the woman of his life.. he got another one."

4. JanewayRulz!

Sure... AFTER Spock took all his memories of her away! :rofl:

But of course!

But just cuz its silly.... ;)

5. teacake

Silly perhaps BUT..it's also true. I'd just rewrite it so it didn't have pwn and fuck in it which loses the classy element.

6. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Silly in a cringeworthy kind of way for me.
    Its not like any of those people were actually real...Janeway was simply written not to have any love interests and featured in a fully episodic sci-fi show, saying she's "badass" compared to Bella Swan or Hermione Granger is just...stupid frankly. But if it amuses you then more power to ya.

7. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought Janeway's love of her life was an Irish hologram.

8. JanewayRulz!

YEARS ago, during Voyager's second season, I flopped down into my friend's sofa to complain about my horrible day.

"HOW COME..." I cried, "I can't handle this silly customer... when Janeway can handle getting thrown to the otherside of the galaxy, no backup, no starbases, no hope of getting home in her lifetime, and the stupid Kazon are attacking her everytime she turns around."

Then I sighed dramatically and added... "I guess it helps that she's FICTIONAL!" :rommie:

Well, that'snot exactly true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9P6lRE5BVI

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9P6lRE5BVI[/yt]

In fact she was portrayed as having a significant love interest in season 1 & 2... one which elicted one of my favorite interactions between her and Kes during season two's "hated" morality play.

JANEWAY: Do you have feelings for him (Tuvix) too, Kes?
    KES: No, I don't. I mean, how could I? I still love Neelix, and I'm not ready to give up on him, no matter what the Doctor says.
    JANEWAY: I know how you feel. You're experiencing what people on this crew have been going through since we first got stranded in this quadrant. Do we accept that we're separated from our loved ones forever, or do we hold onto the hope that someday we'll be with them again?
    KES: What do you do, Captain?
    JANEWAY: Oh, I struggle with it every day. Sometimes I'm full of hope and optimism. Other times. Then I dream about being with Mark and it's so real. Then when I wake up and realize it's just a dream, I'm terribly discouraged. In those moments, it's impossible to deny just how far away he really is. And I know that someday I may have to accept that he's not part of my life anymore.
    KES: So are you saying that I should just accept that Neelix isn't a part of my life anymore?
    JANEWAY: I would never tell you or anyone else to give up hope, Kes. I think the best thing you can do now is give yourself time.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but IMMEDIATELY after she has this epiphany in Tuvix... Janeway finds herself stranded on a planet, ostensibly for life, with Chakotay. A situation that doesn't bother her until she senses he and perhaps she are thinking too far outside the "Command" box and she tries (unsuccessfully?) to place parameters on their planetside relationship.

Did that relationship follow them back to the ship? That is certainly up for vociferous debate; what isn't, however, is that after New Earth Mark and his presence were no longer referred to until season 4 when she got her kiss off letter.

CHAKOTAY: How are you doing?
    JANEWAY: Me? I'm fine.
    CHAKOTAY: You'd say that if you'd just had your legs torn off by a Trakan Beast. Look what you've been through in the last few days. We finally make a connection with home and then it's ripped away from us. We manage to make another enemy who's going to try and hunt us down and destroy us, and on top of that ...
    JANEWAY: It's all right. You can say it. On top of all that, I got a Dear John letter. It wasn't really a surprise. I guess I didn't really expect him to wait for me considering the circumstances. It made me realize that I was using him as a safety net, you know, as a way to avoid becoming involved with someone else.
    CHAKOTAY: You don't have that safety net anymore.
    JANEWAY: That's right. Then again, my life is far from uneventful here in the Delta quadrant. It's not like I would have had a chance to pursue a relationship even if I had realized I was alone.

When Kirk's relationships didn't work out, he just moved onto the next girl in the next port.

When Picard got too emotionally involved with a member of his crew, he just transferred her off the ship.

Sisko? Well, I like the man but didn't he IMPRISON his girlfriend at least once before he married her?

Sometimes celibacy is a good thing. :vulcan:

Unless you have access to a holodeck. ;)

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was the bun that got away.

10. teacake

I don't even know what to say.. why bother even posting on a Trek board if the people aren't real?

11. Guy Gardener

Bella, Hermione and Leia, were all given leading men to fall happily ever after in love with, and they fought that. They said that a super hero white knight would never touch their edges or plumb the depths of their needs, so these girls/women (Leia was what, 17 in the movie?) chose the bad ass rebel antihero sidekick instead.

Ron Weasley = Han Solo?

Wow.

So who was leading-man Kathy was supposed to pair off with, who she would spurn for the embrace of a rebel who was not going to wait till their wedding night to rock her world for 3 and a 1/2 minutes?

12. teacake

That was Padme.

13. tafkats

tafkats Vice Admiral Admiral

What Would Janeway Do?

14. Guy Gardener

She deletes the wife.

Carrie was born in late 56.

so she was 20 when Starwars came out on the 25th of may 1977, and only 19 when shooting began on the 22nd of march 1976.

I took a guess at 17.

I wasn't far off.

Even with after Lucas duct taped her breasts back, Carrie could pass for 30 in a good way when new Hope was being shot.

I still think Natalie Portman looks like she's 12 today.

15. teacake

Oh well, if you're talking about the actress good guess. I thought you were talking about the character. Padme was younger than Leia.

16. Guy Gardener

Well, we have no reason to assume that Leia wasn't the same age as Carrie, surely?

Billy Dee was 43 in Empire, but Lando was all about tapping the Senator.

Leia is the same age as Luke (Duh!) but he's still filling out admissions for College and she's a freaking Senator.

Was she a genius, or was Luke retarded?

Shades of Jethro Bodine, when Luke got to the imperial Academy were his classmates going to be half his age?

17. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

I think secretly Leia had it all wrapped by the second movie. It was evident she was going to Luke but fate took Leia to Han and that was the end of it. Han finally had the chance to take-off her silly put-on. I am confident Chakotay felt the same about Capt. Janeway but Janeway put protocol first.
    The Janeway Chak romance continues with Kirsten Bell and humanities fight with the Borg.

18. teacake

SHE IS DEAD.

There is NO MORE Janeawy Chak romance.

SHE IS DEAD.

Kirsten Beyer has not revived her.

SHE IS DEAD.

BRING BACK KATHRYN JANEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's this about? Leia ftw.

Hah! I got it right and didn't even need to look at the link first.

Leia beats Janeway because at least she was gettin' some for her troubles (and don't tell me about Seven slash, blergh.) :p

Both. :D The real question is, was Vader retarded for not realizing that the apprentice with true potential was Leia and not Luke? On top of being far more accomplished at a similar point in life, Leia was also a hot-headed bossy aggressive bitch, so she's five or six steps closer to sith-hood than her bleeding heart librul bro.

20. Guy Gardener

Vader tortured her.

Big needle floating ball machine.

If she was a powerful force user, instinctively the princess would have crushed that ball with her mind.

It's like teaching some one to swim by throwing them in the deep end of a swimming pool.