Wesley Crusher reviews Star Trek Into Darkness

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Shaka Zulu, Jun 20, 2013.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Put the ISS or a Space Shuttle under water and see what happens.

2. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Wow...this thread is still on?

Most people say Will went easy on the film. However I think he was been genuine about how awesome he believes the film was.

3. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^
    bad analogy as if you also try to accelerate either beyond the light barrier (IE to warp speed) - I doubt they'd survive that either. :)

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Which people say this? Link?

5. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

O sorry, some of the links was in the comments below the article he wrote about the film in his own blog.

6. JarodRussell

But how does the ability to go to warp tell you anything about the ability to go under water?

7. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Considering were talking Star Trek and not real world physics:

- In TOS "The Changeling" - when NOMAD increases engine efficiency so the 1701 can go beyond Warp 11, Kirk asks it to reverse the repairs because the hull won't be able to handle the stress.

It's just me, but I'd say travelling at warp puts more stress on a hull then sitting a few meters underwater (and I suppose that because Kirk and McCoy were able to swim down from the surface with no real scuba gear.

It's all made up to begin with (and was back in 1964 when GR filmed the very first pilot) - thus in the end, it's all pretend anyway (and lets be honest, there really ISN'T a lot of hard science in ANY Star Trek incarnation be it GR's; Berman's; Coto's; or JJ's version.:lol:;)

8. JarodRussell

Oh god, that's another problem with it. If the Enterprise is as big as they say, they wouldn't even have been able to dive that deep. And then they would have needed several hours in a decompression chamber.