House, M.D.: 6x12 "Remorse" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 25, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Excellent

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Good

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

From TV.com:

House Medical Reviews

The beautiful POTW is played by Beau Garrett.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Remorse = Re Morse = More David Morse. :p

I thought of him when I saw the title.

And yeah, the patient caught my eye when I saw the promo, but I didn't get around to looking her up yet.

3. Trekker4747

Just looked her up on IMDB, doesn't seem like she's been in any of paticular note. She was a [Character]OTW on "Entourage" twice, she was in the second Fantastic Four movie and given that she's in this year's Tron sequel I suspect a future GBOW. ;)

4. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Isn't this a little early?

5. Trekker4747

Other discussion threads in other forums are routinely started the night before. I'm bored so I decided to fire it off. It's not going to do any harm and may help even to remind people that it's on, and new, tomorrow night (since House wasn't on last week.)

I'll give it a bump tomorrow afternoon if it falls off the first page.

6. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Hmm...she was in Turistas and is in Tron Legacy with Olivia Wilde. Wonder how she got the job.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

It's reassuring to know that my brain isn't the only one that works that way. :lol:

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

She was the subject of great disappointment in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. From the trailer, I thought she was going to be playing Carol Danvers. :(

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why would Thirteen be the only one unaffected? She likes girls as much as the guys do.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Perhaps she just doesn't like this particular girl ?

This episode sounds like the sort of stupid "Hathor"-like episode of a Sci-Fi show we used to get, though.

11. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Maybe it's the patient working her mojo, and she only swings the one way.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Could be. I wonder if they're going to have it be that she has some sort of disease that increases her pheremone production or something.

13. Trekker4747

This is the third time Wilson's Disease was the solution!

14. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Was it really Wilson's Disease this time? I heard the diseas mentioned but had to answer the phone and missed that.

Love the episode tonight, with one of the best POTW's I can recall in quite some time

But I can't wait for next week - Wilson vs House in a steel prank match!!!!

15. Trekker4747

Yeah, it was Wilson's.

It was a good episode and, yeah, it was one of the better POTW storylines in a while. The "B-Plot" with Wilson and his med-school chum was pretty good too.

16. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Gotta love how House tries to be nice and can't give it away. Okay, at the end he did, but nobody was there to give it back to him. :lol:

17. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I think this is one of the best episodes of the season. Reminded me more of old fashioned House, good, interesting POTW, great House/Wilson interaction, and a nice, poignant character arc for House that utilizes and mirrors elements of POTW.

Maybe the best of the season so far, for me.

18. Trekker4747

Last week's, er, two weeks ago, is the best of the season for me but only because of the House/Wilson stuff. The character stuff in this episode was good so this certainly was a top episode. They also seemed to pretty much out-right say House's therapy didn't fully take.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think it showed just the opposite, that he really has changed. He actually felt remorse for what he did to that guy and tried to make amends. That's progress. Therapy generally doesn't "fully take." It's an ongoing process. And compared to past episodes, in which he was pretty much back to his old jerky self, this is an improvement because at least it acknowledges that he's trying to change.

I was struck by how much Beau Garrett (the patient) resembled a younger Kathryn Erbe. I didn't get that impression from her in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, but this time her hairstyle was very Eames-like so the resemblance was startling at times.

I like how there wasn't the usual cliched epiphany moment triggered by some random unrelated comment. Rather, Thirteen learned a vital clue about the patient's history and took it to House, and he reasoned it out and found the answer. Actual medical deduction, which is what they're supposed to do. It was refreshing.

20. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wanted the patient to have some terrible incurable fatal illness just because I hated the things she was doing so much, then I remembered that we just had a patient death. In retrospect, I think the ending used works best. :)