Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ShinRa Actual

ShinRa Actual Lieutenant Red Shirt

If anyone's interested in seeing more recent (Mid 90s), semi-serious acting from Mr. Nielsen, checking out the DVDs for dueSouth would be a good idea. It leans towards the absurd, but there's still a few scenes of genuine serious acting, especially in the first episodes he guest stars in.

Of course, he also has Captaining experience from SS Posiedon, too.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some of the authors on here have suggested Harry Morgan for Capt.Gold.I really don't get the "oy vey" vibe from Mr.Morgan.Maybe Elliot Gould or even George Segal might be more likely.

Now somebody will no doubt tell me Mr.Morgan was originally Morganstern or something.:lol::lol:

3. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How about Alan Alda as he is now for Capt. Gold?

4. MichaelS

MichaelS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm all for Harry Morgan as Gold myself, but recently I've been watching the second season of Boston Legal, and I believe Shelley Berman would be a good choice, too.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Berman is a great comedy actor, but after seeing him in Boston Legal and as Larry David's dad in Curb Your Enthusiasm, I couldn't take him seriously in anything, even if he is actually the greatest dramatic actor alive!

Alda I like, though my choice is still Topol.

6. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ditto what I said before - as if anyone remembers or was even paying any attention in the first place! :rolleyes: (Like, no offense or anything...but I've got a bit of a hangup about being talked past.)

7. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Darrah Mace: Kevin McKidd

8. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Does that mean Ray Stevenson would have to be Syjin? :)

9. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

WOW! A Marco sighting. Hi

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that, it definitely works for me.

So does anyone have any people in mind for the new GTTS TNG characters?

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I believe Dave Mack's idea for Jasminder Choudhury is Rekha Sharma from Battlestar Galactica, but I imagine someone more statuesque and regal. I was imagining a woman I knew briefly from real life; the best way I can describe her is sort of an Indian Marjean Holden.

Indira Varma from Torchwood and a recent Law & Order: Criminal Intent might conceivably be a good Choudhury, height notwithstanding.

This is weird, but the best candidate I can think of for T'Ryssa Chen is the woman in this Oust commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXhyShr_Jbs

No product shilling intended; I just think she's pretty close to the type. I didn't base the character on her, but once I saw her, it occurred to me she had the right look and mannerisms for Trys. I have no idea what her name is, though. (And I was wondering how I could get the idea across here until I realized the commercial itself might be on YouTube.)

I based Counselor Hegol on the late Stanely Kamel, whose most famous role was Dr. Kroger on Monk (and who in his younger days was Kosinski in TNG: "Where No One Has Gone Before").

I didn't have anyone specific in mind for Rennan Konya before, but it's just now struck me that Aaron Eckhart from The Dark Knight would be perfect. Well, if you lop off five or ten years.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool thanks, I'll get to work on making another of my cast lists later today.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found a singer-actress named Charlene Choi who I kinda like for T'Ryssa, and I was just curious what you thought. I only stumbled across her while looking at Hong Kong martial arts movies on Wikipedia a few months ago, so I've never actually seen her in anything more than clips on youtube.
    Here's an interview with her I found just a few minuets ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HtIosiorXg&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2008
  14. Christopher

^^Hmm... a little too girlish and innocent.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, I just thought I'd mention her.
    Do you have any ideas for Elfiki? The only reason I ask is because I'm putting together one of my cast lists like I did for the DS9R, Vanguard, and Terok Nor. That's also the reason I was looking for another Trys, I was trying to find somone I could find a name and pictures for.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  16. Christopher

I don't have any ideas for Elfiki; maybe Dave can suggest a suitable actress or model.

17. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ It's difficult for me to suggest casting on Dina Elfiki because the name and her description are based on a former coworker of mine. When I read her scenes, I see my friend. Who might I cast to play her, I wonder? Maybe Sarah Shahi?

18. Christopher

Judging from photos alone, I'd buy that.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool, I really liked her on Life so I'll gladly use her for my list. Thanks guys.

20. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Hmmm. Not quite who I was picturing as Elfiki. I was kinda picturing someone a bit more Arabian looking. Possibly someone like Shivani Ghai or Agni Scott.