The most useless gift a Trekkie ever got, but so cool...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mage, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek II and Star Trek III, on laser disc.

A buddy of mine, who knows I'm a big Trekkie, saw them in a booth during a record convention, where someone was also selling old laserdisc. They are so utterly useless, as my friend himself said, but also so incredibly cool to have and display.

Which got me wondering, what gifts have you ever gotten that were Trek-related, really useless, but also very cool to have?

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Haha, that's awesome. Those were so hi-tech and cool when I was in grade school. :p

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know, right? :D Can't wait to hang them on the wall somehow.

4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Frame them.

5. Dantheman

Dantheman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My brother and sister-in-law got me a couple issues of the early '80s Marvel Star Trek comic for Christmas, but since I already have the IDW omnibus collection reprinting that series and a DVD-ROM that collects pretty much every pre-IDW Trek comic onto one disc, they're rather superfluous to me, but they're nice to have.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Someone gave me a Trek plate once. I don't collect plates. You can't eat off of it. It's useless. But the art is kinda cool. :)

P.S. Laserdisc? I have about 20 episodes of TNG and DS9 on LD. Boy, those were the days...

7. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

A friend just recently got me the Borg box set on VHS (Has the first four Borg episodes and looks like a Borg cube). I already have all the DVDs so I use it as a book end for my Trek books.

8. timmy84

timmy84 Commodore Commodore

My brother for 4 years would get me a new trek action figure for xmas and I just hung them on the wall. It was cool but I've never taken them out of the package. The last one I got was new trek sulu.

I really want a laserdisc so I can put it inside a record sleeve and tell my son those were CDs when I was a kid. The wife does not approve.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Not a useless gift, but....

I almost always get some kind of Star Trek thing for Christmas. This year, it was a book/trivia game:

[​IMG]

:techman: