Glee: Season 3 Discussion/Premiere preview clip

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by doubleohfive, Sep 18, 2011.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Deadline Hollywood has posted a preview clip from Tuesday's season premiere:

"...and that's how Sue "C's" it!"

:lol:

Are you excited about the new season of Glee? What do you want to see this season? Which songs would you like to see performed?

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if I'm excited or not. I'm going to watch, but I almost feel like season 2 wasn't very good that it might carry over to season 3. I hope we get the show back to the basics and season 1 levels or I might think it is like Heroes and only is capable of one good season.

3. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the next season of Glee. Oddly enough it's more for the "adult" characters, Sue and Shue especially. I enjoy the music but the teen drama tends to get to be too much at times and sometimes the actors just can't pull it off (and sometimes they do, like how Chris Colfer was nominated for an Emmy).

So what happens after this season when the Glee kids graduate? While I like the "adult" cast I'm not sure a show can survive having almost the whole cast turn over.

4. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

The reviews of the season premiere suggest it's a substantial improvement.

I really want to see where Santana's story goes. She was the only character who really got any meaningful development last year.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I gotta see how the Glee Project kids do.

6. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, same here.

I would love to see Marissa pop in for an appearance as well as.

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm really hoping Hannah shows up. Don't care how. Don't care what the story would be about.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lynch is hilarious in nearly everything she does (I think she was only 'okay' on the Emmys last night). However, at this point, the only other thing I enjoyed about the show--the creative reworking of songs in a "Glee Club/Broadway" style--has turned into near-Karaoke of whatever pop hit they can grab that week.

9. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to say I think I liked this season opener better than last year's.

I liked that Rachel and Kurt got a bit of a kick in the butt to remind them they aren't really the best, just maybe the best at McKinley. I'll be interested to see how the Santana and Quinn stories develop and whether or not status quo will be restored. The Sue and Shue rivalry and the glitter bomb was awesome. Lastly...I am so glad Darren Criss is becoming a regular cast member this year, he's so much better than Chord Overstreet.

10. Nerys Myk

Suprised to see Lindsay from the Glee Project. I didn't think anyone would show up so soon.

11. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I love what Glee stands for, although I don't always enjoy the content. This seems like a new movement in the culture to embrace differences and uniqueness and in many ways I think Glee is leading the charge. From the start it was marketed as a show about misfits and I love that they continue to play that up. One of the saving graces of the last season was that it developed characters like Santana and made them feel more at home in a group of misfits. My one problem with Season One was that too many of the "beautiful" people of the school were joining the club. While some times it borders on stereotypes, I do think this show has the most positive examples of gay characters through Kurt and Blaine (especially Blaine) and the character arc of Finn growing to accept Kurt. I also love Kurt's Dad. It's great to see a father actually accept his son like that, something that's rarely seen on television.

It doesn't hurt the show that they have Lea Michele and Amber Riley who perhaps have two of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. And of course the amazing, multi-talented Darren Criss. I've been a fan of him since he did A Very Potter Musical with his theater group at University of Michigan and I started watching Glee because of him.

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched the Glee Project, so is Lindsey Suger or someone from the other school Choir.

Anyway, just watched it and overall I liked it. If this is a sign of a new direction (Pardon the pun) for the show, than I'll welcome it and they got things rolling very nicely. Really liked the Rachael and Kurt scenes, even though amazing how it starting raining right on cue, but I digress.

I will say things were getting a bit repetitive though but if it brings some new energy I guess I'm for it. Sue is trying to crush the glee club, again, Will and Emma are together (Who knows how long that will last) and Kurt is still a bit selfish by having Blaine come to McKinley. I guess it needed to be done, but man I'll miss hearing the Warblers this season.

So this might be what Quinn meant in terms of big plans for New York. I think it would have made the finale a bit better had we seen the start of this new Quinn there. It also would have made things more coharent I think. Still, I'm very interested to see where this part of the story goes and next week Idina Menzel and maybe Beth return.

Overall, good start to the season, and I like action will. Having Santana banned from the club was probably the biggest surprise of the night and a welcome one at that, at least for Will's character. Have to say I'm cautiously looking forward to next week.

13. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm not sure how to answer this without semi-spoiling the Glee Project. But since it's not on the air anymore, I guess it's ok.

In the Glee Project, there were 12 or so contestants who were all trying to win. That individual would get a guaranteed seven-episode arc in Glee.

When it got down to the finale four, instead of having one winner, Ryan and the others chose two winners. Each will have a seven-episode arc. The other two (who, I guess, would be tied for third place?) each get a two-episode arc.

Lindsey was one of those.

When Rachel and Kurt went to that monthly meeting, where they thought they would blow everyone else away, they met a girl who did the lead on the Jewish stage during a musical number.

That was Lindsey.

I was also surprised to see one of the four show up already. But I think that part was perfect for her. What we saw in that character was definitely drawn from the Glee Project.

14. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did I miss a line? Why are Brittany and Santana back on the Cheerios? They quit last year in the Thriller episode. They cost Sue the National Championship--there's no way she forgives.

15. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

You didn't miss anything. The show operates on Handwavium.

16. the G-man

Someone remembered that they need to give the heterosexual teenaged boys a reason to keep watching the show.

17. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

A big meh for me..

This episode didn't do anything for me.. it was boring, didn't like the musical numbers (and i like a good musical) and the song selection was uninteresting and i barely smiled during the episode much less laughed.

If this will be 3rd season i'll probably not see the end.

18. Nerys Myk

I forgot they quit.
    But my inner teenage boy is happy to see them in their Cherrio's uniform. :techman:

19. the G-man

I guess the Cheerios outfits weren't enough to keep them turning in. According to the Associated Press, the ratings "tanked" compared to last season's premiere.

Not really surprised. High concept, youth oriented, shows seem to flame out pretty quickly.

20. Nerys Myk

Kids and their quickly changing tastes.:scream: