Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary re-release August 29

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Shaka Zulu, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Here's the trailer for it:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQCCPP8aZBY[/yt]

I might go and see this again-will anybody else do so as well?

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

A local theater played this a couple years back (not for any anniversary, just to show it in an HD format.) It was good and fun to see on the big-screen. (Which I don't believe I ever did, and if I did I was obviously too young to remember.) I may check it out again for this Anniversary release.

I just remember being disappointed in the appearance of the film not having much of crispness to it which I guess is chalked up to the quality of the film stock being used and, thankfully, those doing the remaster not going overboard with color-correction and smoothing things out which tends to look overly fake.

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I LOVED Ghostbusters when it came out. I think I saw it four or five times in the theater. It's probably been 10 years since my last full viewing of it, and I watched it again with my kids last month and I don't think its aged well.
    The special effects are poor (understandable since it's 30 years old), the score is mostly terrible, and the pacing of this movie seems off.
    There is also one line that completely bothers me. Dan Akroyd is telling the mayor how Peck turned off the power grid, and his delivery of "until the power grid was shut off by dickless here..." is very awkward. It feels like an alternate take, and you can almost tell that he really wanted to say something like "until dickless here turned off the power grid" but he changed his mind going into it.
    Still a good movie, but it's not what I remembered as a 15 year old.