Star Trek: The Compendium

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by BeatleJWOL, Jun 23, 2014.

1. xavier

xavier Commander

I can't wait for the gag reel of Into Darkness especially with BC as Khan.

2. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Thanks. I just pre-ordered from Amazon.ca.

3. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

I bought the Target edition of STID, and I'd intended to pass this by, but depending on pricing, this looks too good to pass up.

I did miss that about the Target STID release.

I actually don't think the timing is that unusual. Give us fans something to tide us over between theatrical releases. Makes sense to me.

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

And if you are too poor to go from DVD to blue-ray, you're SOL

great....

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If you're too poor to go from DVD to Blu-ray, you likely have larger problems in life that you need to worry about. You can find players for $50 now.

6. bbailey861

Even cheaper. I just did a quick search and found a player WITH Wifi for 40 bucks. The deals are even better around the Christmas period. I think I'll be upgrading mine this year. If for no other reason to get rid of a cable. I'll give the one I have now to one of my kids.

I am looking forward to getting this set in Sep.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'm old fashioned I suppose--I like actually walking into store--those are great deals though. Then too--I have never bought a cell phone--I like to stick with things till they quit working--personal taste.

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Is there any information on a possible rebate?

9. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has anyone heard anything abut a region B release? Can't find anything sofar. I suppose I could order overseas, I believe my player can play mutliple regions. But would be easier to just order somewhere in the Netherlands.

10. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

I hope there is a release of this here, would be shame if it never came out here.

All of Paramount's releases are usually region free right? I know all of the CBS ones (TNG-R etc.) have been.

11. xavier

xavier Commander

I wonder how much this will cost. I will have to wait till the price goes done to but the films.

12. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Mid-August and still nothing about a UK/Europe release. This is going to be a US/Canada only thing isn't it?

13. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

http://www.startrekmovie.com/rebate/

Rebate is $5.00. You need a copy of the receipt for the Compendium, and the UPCs from the previous releases. You don't actually need to cut out UPCs (which is good, because my '09 Trek had it on a slip that attached to the back of the packaging that I threw away.

Someone from Blu-ray.com's forums posted this helpful info:

1.) Purchase the Compendium between 9/9/14 and 10/31/14
    2.) Go here, and print out rebate: http://www.startrekmovie.com/rebate/
    3) Enter UPC's:

a.) Compendium: 032429200693
    b.) Star Trek (2009): 097360718249
    c.) Into Darkness: 032429137302

4.) Fill out personal information, and include a copy of your Compendium receipt

5.) Mail to the following address before 11/30/14:

Paramount Star Trek
    The Compendium $5 Rebate
    Dept. 14-97682
    PO Box 540009
    EL PASO, TX 88554-000

14. xavier

xavier Commander

I hope someone puts the gag reel and the deleted and extended scenes online.

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

This has nothing to do with the post you quoted, nor has it anything to do with the original thread topic. Please don't spam.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

5 bucks? that's not worth the effort and money I'd spend on buying an envelope and a stamp and filling out the necessary info. BFD.

17. bbailey861

Also, it looks like it's only valid for residents of the U.S.

18. xavier

xavier Commander

Oh I am sorry, I did not mean to spam. I thought this thread was about the re-release of the new star trek films and it will have new special features like gag reel and the extended scenes from the second film. that relates to star trek compendium. I can not afford to buy this box set when it is released, I like some have not yet preordered it. so it will be great to watch some of the special features on line like youtube . where I watched all the deleted scenes from the first film before I finally bought the 2 disc edition.

I see now that I quoted the wrong post.it was a mistake.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

+1

I'll buy the Compendium and give my Star Trek (2009) and Into Darkness Blu-ray's to my daughter.

Funny thing. They recently moved in together and my daughter took all my Star Trek DVD's that I've repurchased on Blu-ray with her (she loves DVD's). She says she comes home from work everyday and her boyfriend is watching them. She said she told him, "I've done this for twenty years and I can't do it anymore!" :lol:

20. bbailey861

^ She secretly wants her boyfriend to watch them. That's one of the reasons she took them in the first place. Don't let her fool you.:bolian:

I have the Compendium pre-ordered and my son has already called 'dibs' on my Star Trek (2009) and Into Darkness Blu-ray's. Anything I can do to keep furthering the cause and spreading the word. I'll be mailing them off to him as soon as the order comes in September.