What if Tasha had survived?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Bry_Sinclair, Sep 19, 2013.

1. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well the only things I know of her for besides TNG and the documentary Trekkies, is Pet Semetary, Jackie Brown, a couple episodes of X-Files, the pilot of Dexter, and some random episode of Red Shoe Diaries.

I am very surprised she was never picked up for one of the Stargate shows, since they liked hiring Trek actors. She could have been a good Wraith, IMHO.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

If Yar was alive for Legacy it would have been so cool.

3. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I believe that if Yar had lived, Worf would keep being portrayed as the dumb Klingon who wanted to kill Troi's baby, who wanted to Blow a hole in the viewscreen, who keeps reminding people I AM A KLINGON, That "THERES ONLY ONE BRIDGE, ONE RIKER, ONE BRIDGE", and probably would have been shown growling at the borg from his sensor station. Worf didn't really get any respect til later TNG.

I did love Yar's character, and I wish she had not been killed off. I dont think Marina Sirtis would have left. Afterall, she didn't leave when Whoopi kinda stole her job.

4. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is kind of a great point - writing off Troi but keeping Yar would have made Guinan's job thievery more logical.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Troi and Guinan had different roles. It is just that most people are more comfortable talking about their problems to their bartender than a counselor.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^A point that was made regarding bartenders and doctors in general way back in the very first installment of Trek.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

"We both get the same two kinds of customers. The living and the dying."
    --Doctor Philip Boyce

8. IPTC

IPTC Cadet Newbie

R.I.P Tasha Yar

That was a surprising episode for me. There is one episode though when they go through this temporary worm hole and Yar is back.

It sucks that she died but that's how it had to be. I think Worf, Data, and Jordy excelled at their positions after that happened and were better people because of it.

9. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forget ship's counselor, Guinan as security chief would have been awesome. :lol:

[​IMG]

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guinan pulling out a BFG was one of the most WTF hilarious moments in TNG.

*blows up half the room* That was setting one. Anyone want to see setting two?