Free DAZ Pro 3D Software - STILL AVAILABLE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ptrope, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Nope, this isn't a spam thread - this is just an incredible deal for anyone here who wants to get involved in 3D and doesn't have a bottomless well of cash.

Starting today and through Feb. 29. 2012, DAZ 3D is offering their top 3D packages, a combined value of over $800, for free :eek:. There are no strings (other than maybe asking you to subscribe to their newsletter, which isn't a bad thing and they don't overdo it, like some companies ;)), and these free products are even eligible for future upgrade pricing, so it's just like buying them, without all the financial pain :).

Hexagon is a full-featured 3D modeling program, with excellent tools and documentation; if you want to model starships or Starfleet officers, you can do it here. It's not 3D Studio or Maya, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper (even when it's full price!)

Bryce 7 Pro is a full-tilt environmental modeler, again with many great tools and full documentation. Alien worlds are just a few clicks away!

And finally, DAZ Studio 4 Pro is DAZ's fully-featured competitor to Poser; not only does it have a full complement of built-in tools, it also comes with several additional utilities that allow it to interact with Bryce, so you can export your scenes to use its more-advanced world-building and rendering tools (although D|S has some outstanding rendering tools available right now, as well); it also has utilities for creating your own characters, and even for exporting them to Poser as fully-functioning Poser characters. The Pro version even includes a utility to move items into Z-Brush for custom morphing, and then reimport them into D|S for additional posing and rendering.

BTW, the "Genesis" figure is their one-size-fits-all (literally!) character, which, with one base figure, can be man, woman, child, troll, gorilla, and many other figure types, and with their Auto-Fit tool (which may not be included in the free set - I haven't installed mine, yet! ;)), any item of clothing for previous generations of DAZ figures can be fit to Genesis, and any clothing item that fits the base Genesis figure automatically fits any character that you morph it into! So if you have a Starfleet uniform that fits Captain Kirk, it'll fit the Giant Troll, or little Lt. M'Ress (awww, won't Kirk look cute in her little mini-dress? ;)).

One of the barriers to many here on the TrekBBS Fan Art forum, as far as getting into 3D, is the cost. Now, with this limited-time deal, you've got a chance to break into 3D modeling, figure-creation and professional-quality rendering and even animation, for free, and there's a good and very large DAZ community, as well as the established Poser community, that can offer an incredible amount of experience and expertise to help you out. It's a good thing this is a leap year - you get a whole extra day to download the programs! - and even if you have no use for them today, or this month, deals like this rarely come around (maybe a year or two down the road, when the companies have gone to the next version or two of the software, and may or may not not even support the version they're giving away for free in the 3D magazines). This is DAZ's latest and greatest stuff - a deal you can't beat with a lirpa!

2. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Free DAZ Pro 3D Software through Feb. 29

Getting DAZ Studio now, w00t!

3. Nascence

Nascence Lieutenant Red Shirt

None of these links are working.
    Does any of this software work on a Mac?
    Currently,learning to use Blender 3D

4. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

The links should work, but it looks like the site is getting hit pretty hard as a result of the offer. You can go to the site's front page @ www.daz3d.com ; it has a direct link to the offer, as well.

Yes, all programs in the offer come in both Mac and Windows versions.

5. Klaus

Yeah it took me a while but I got through eventually... their servers must think someone pissed off Anonymous.. :lol:

I planned ahead and d/led both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions since I hope to finally upgrade my old system this year. :D

6. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

Now daz3d.com is down. :(

7. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

I use Daz3, and I heard a lot of folks having problems dealing with Daz4.

I'll stick to Daz3 ~hugs Daz3~.

8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm still on Daz 2.2.2.15, thats how far behind I am. I really don't use it much, however I know I will download this. Thinking about getting back into and reigniting a project I started a few years ago.

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Ordered, but I'll have to DL tomorrow. It's bed time!

I've been using Bryce for ages. It's a GREAT program for quick 3D landscapes and simple animations. I use it at work for diagrams that require landscape scenarios, and I've made some animations for presentations. I'm not real good with 3D, so it's a good program for me.

10. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

D|S4 does have a different interface than D|S3, so it would definitely take some study and practice. Personally, I don't care for either interface - I'm a Poser user since v. 1, and love the current interface, which I think is far more intuitive and doesn't latch onto what I consider the rather generically-obtuse sort of interface that one sees in many 3D apps, as well as Photoshop and others, but many people prefer it the other way around, and in many cases, precisely because D|S is more similar to the bulk of graphic programs on the market. Hey, at least it's not as bad as Z-Brush! :D

But I'll still probably try to learn it, if only because I see a lot of potential in the DAZ figures and the capabilities of Genesis. If nothing else, the CR2 exporter means I can export the Genesis figures to Poser ;) (not all the capabilities, such as weight mapping, will transfer, but it appears that the abiity to morph from one type of character to another can be preserved). And again: it's free, so the price is unbeatable!

11. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Did this in Bryce a few years ago, using purchased meshes, to illustrate an enemy missile being jammed by an F-16's onboard jammer (yeah, a bit exaggerated) for a presentation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJX0cNM05Ug

12. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Nice, i ordered pretty much everything that was free. I think i ended up on $2118 USD.

Now how much of it i will use personally is another matter. But my mates who study filmmaking sure as hell will enjoy it.

13. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

Okay, I "purchased" the software. So how do I download it? Did I miss it in my rush to get to bed after a late night?

Also, any good beginner (and I mean, this is my first time trying anything like this and need all the help I can get, baby steps please) manuals?

14. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

manuals can be "purchased" for free in their store.

as for where you download. click on your profile and you'll see a available downloads button on the left hand side of your screen.

15. The Axeman

The Axeman Commodore Commodore

I'll have a look at this tonight, can turn up yer nose at free tools.

16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oh lord, the downloads are in multiple modules instead of one-per-program. There must be 2 dozen DLs for three programs. This'll take a while.

17. Klaus

Half of them are the mac d/ls, and there are 64-bit and 43-bit versions so it's not actually that many...

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I see that now.
    Got the same thing when I bought Bryce 6 and some extras a few years ago, though - scads of DLs instead of just one for each program. Not a fan of the system, but hey, it's free! :)

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Anybody else finding the Bryce Pro Content EXE won't load for them? Or am I just being technologically unlucky again?

20. Klaus

Didn't try that one as I already have it...