So why is Worf so mad at K'Ehleyr?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Worf'sParmach, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

The avatar contest got me wondering... as soon as Worf sees K'Ehleyr in "The Emmisary" it's clear that he is really pissed off at her. Is there ever any explanation as to why? Any good speculation at least?

2. 7thsealord

7thsealord Captain Captain

Klingons are weird.

Noting in another episode (forget the title), Worf's (then unknown) brother visited the Enterprise. By Human standards, he was curt verging on downright rude to most of the crew. To Worf, by contrast, he was always downright friendly and showed great favouritism. Worf was deeply insulted by this - seeing the treatment of the rest of the crew as entirely correct and his 'special' treatment as major provocation.

Also, from what little we saw / heard of Klingon romance / mating, there seems to be more in common with WWF cage matches than the Human concepts of same. So, the really pissed off reaction could be a "normal" Klingon thing, don't ask me why.

Or, if Worf was reacting more humanly, perhaps the circumstances under which they had last parted left him with certain unresolved .... issues.

3. Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow--I hadn't noticed that. I am going to have to watch that again.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Worf was mad because she wouldn't take the oath - she wouldn't marry him.

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

He was made because she didn't care much for the Klingon traditions which meant so much to him.

6. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that was one of Worf's happier faces.

7. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

Perhaps just to emphasise a backstory. Obviously they did not part on good terms, and she did something that vexated Worf lol...

8. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

In that episode, Kurn was deliberately patronising Worf, to see if he was a true Klingon.

9. 7thsealord

Yup.

10. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

With a few exceptions during the first 4 or 5 seasons of TNG Worf was just generally pissed off at everyone, all the time.

11. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She had a bit of a disdain for Klingon values & traditions, unlike Worf, who was raised without those in his life, & therefore took them very much to heart. It seemed as though their relationship failed because of that issue, & he still suffered from some resentment when she 1st arrived on the Enterprise

12. 7thsealord

A "bit" of a disdain?!?