March Madness 2014 - Pick 'Em Challenge

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Mar 13, 2014.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think everyone who participated in this year's bracket pool did terribly. So much parity it's so hard to pick a crystal clear favorite.

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

At least of everyone that did terribly, I did LEAST terribly. Not exactly a win, but I'll take it :)

3. gturner

gturner Admiral

I live about a mile from where all the couch burnings were going on near the UK campus. After the last two games I Googled up "Lexington police radio", which brings up TuneIn's police feed. It was more entertaining than the game. ^_^

Constant reports of couches being moved outside, burning, shots fired, people stilling 24-packs of beer, etc. After the semi-final game I went outside, and the there were four police helicopters stacked vertically, flying an orbit around State Street. We don't even have four police helicopters, so they were bringing in reinforcements.

4. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I would congratulate anyone, regardless of what website they used to submit a bracket, who somehow managed to pick UConn and Kentucky, with UConn winning. No way would I have ever considered that scenario.

Meanwhile, the Women's tourney has been painfully predictable. You'd be nuts not to have picked UConn vs. Notre Dame for the championship. You'd also have to be either intrigued by the first-ever battle of undefeated teams or a fan of one of the participants. Otherwise, the game is going to be one hell of a bore. I guarantee it.