Say goodbye to the police box...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Moffat has decided to drastically alter the classic look of the TARDIS.

Doctor Who TV

Moffat has gone too far this time! :mad:

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

April 1st is the worst day to use the internet.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ya know, I wouldn't want to lose the Police Box altogether, but, it would be cool, if sometimes, it did actually work properly and do something to blend in at crucial times.

Like maybe a couple times a Series the Chameleon circuit actually worked properly when landing somewhere he definitely didn't want to be recognized, or maybe someplace where seeing the Phone Box would be detrimental to a Society's development

4. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

It even thanked Ali Forlop...

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Sixth Doctor actually managed to temporarily repair the Chameleon Circuit in "Attack of the Cybermen", and we saw the TARDIS as both an ornate piece of furniture and an organ.

As for the Chameleon Circuit not currently working, I give you Eleven's own words on that:

6. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

7. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

April fools notwithstanding, I'd like to see the chameleon circuit repaired. The Doctor would still use the blue box most of the time.

It would also be good to see the swimming pool, Zeppelin hangar, old control rooms...

8. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure repair the word I'd use, as ornate furniture and an organ still weren't exactly blending in, even in a junkyard.

Of course now not just the doors, but the box shape part of the new console room, they'd find it more tricky to change even if they wanted to :D

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

LOL, yea, hence why I specified "working", she may have changed, but, I wouldn't classify that change as working properly, if the goal is to blend in:devil:

10. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

The new TARDIS.

[​IMG]

11. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger oh no a snake! a snake! a snake! badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger...

repeat as necessary.

12. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

There was an otherwise rubbish fanfiction series I once read where the chameleon circuit was fixed, except that no matter what it was, it was always that same shade of bright blue. I liked that idea.

13. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Excellent!

14. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Excellent indeed! To bad George Carlin is no longer with us, as Doctor Rufus would be most excellent.

15. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Please no no no no no no!

MOFFAT YOU CUNT, YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME! IT WAS BAD ENNOUGTH WHEN HE MADE THE DALEKS INTO THE RAINBOW SQUAD, GAVE US A BORING SIXTH SERIES WITH TOO MANY COMPLICATED PLOT TWISTS, GAVE US THE BORING POND FAMILY, AND MADE A SILURIAN AND SONTARAN ONE OF THE DOCTORS ALLIES, BUT ACTUALY CHANGING AN ICON? FUCK YOU MOFFAT!

This show is definitely going to hell on a handcart. Luckily, I doubt this will last long, this is going to be one of those gimmicks like when the fifth doctor lost his sonic screwdriver, and he and the sixth doctor used that sonic dragger or something. But the big question is how long is this lasting? And couldn't they at least wait until the end of the fifteenth anniversary? Now one of the biggest events in doctor who history will have one of it's main icons destroyed.

One thing I can happily say though is with bad choices like these, Moffatt hopefully won't last much longer round here. Personally, I wish the BBC would kick Moffatt out right now, and he'd never go near doctor who again.

BTW Chris3123, the fourth doctor in Logopilis also attempted to repair the chameleon circuit, but failed.

16. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was an April Fool's joke, you total doofus.

17. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

You caught the tag, and the date it was posted, right? It's nothing more than an April Fool's Joke ... as discussed in subsequent posts in the thread itself?

18. Green Lantern

Ahh! Thank god. I need to read things through better. :P

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Also maybe don't so casually use the word "cunt."

20. Green Lantern

I enjoy my swearing. besides, Moffatt has messed up so much in doctor who, the thought of him actually changing the Tardis outside pissed me off, a lot.