How is Janeway sexy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spalko

Spalko Commander Red Shirt

I think a lot of characters suffered from lack of development in Voyager. Compared to other series, like TNG, they were quite dull. Yes, I totally understand their fear to have people seeing Janeway 'weaker', but her character was strong enough to have bear more episodes where Chakotay had something more to do that just sit on his chair in the brigde.

I think that, perhaps, what they wanted to show is the 'confrontation' between the Seven's religious aspect against the more practical one Janeway's possessed, and I have to admit that I like how it works in the episode.

I do not have anything against C/7. I'm a believer that anyone can ship anything will showing respect to others, but it was obvious that everything was rushed up and bad writen by the end of the show. That's why I said I would have prefered a more open finale in the subject of relationships between characters.... and I suffered watching the poor Doctor when they started to pair Seven with Chakotay in the last episodes. He and Janeway were always there for Seven.

2. Spalko

And to take this thread back to topic...

[​IMG]

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I don't know how many of the writers were involved with TNG and DS9, but the show could have used some new people and certainly new producers. I have no fan beef with the show runners as some do, I just think that after ther decade or so of DS9 and TNG the francise could have used some new vision. The premise of Voyager was great- a full and complete break from the federation and a ship's crew that had reason for under laying friction and tension for drama galore. There were so many possibilities for bottle episodes.

One I've wished was different was 'Night' It didn't need any alien of the week for great crew drama. I would have loved for a confrontation scene between Seven and Janeway over Janeway's expressed angst over her past command decisions. I would have enjoyed her focusing on Arturis's claims that Janeway was responsible for the Borg destroying his people because she helped stop Species 8472.

I could imagine Janeway shouldering responsibility she doesn't have or deserve and Seven countering by what then she should be shouldering, perhaps raising a hand and displaying her assimilation tubules. Angry argument ensues on responsibilities and her Janeway focusing on her letting people down, even those like Arturis whom she hadn't known. Finally Janeway telling Seven to get out as she had previous crew members trying to get to her. Seven could tell her how she was certain Janeway would never abandon those she was responsible for and that she, Seven, wouldn't abandon Janeway. Then they both see a single star appearing in the window.

The episode could end with the stars at last appearing from the darkness as the ship leaves the void, the camera pulling back from Janeway and Seven on the sofa, Janeway asking Seven to tell her about this new part of the Delta quadrant, the show fading out to credits as Seven starts to tell of a nearby star.

Anyway, fanfic ideas aside

Damn the internet not having larger pics easily available
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They should always be like this
    [​IMG]

or this
    [​IMG]

but lets not forget who this thread is about
    [​IMG]

because Janeway and Seven are just that awesome
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

I interrupt this serious conversation to report that I had never seen the "Round Numbers" clip before, and now my world is a happier place. Thanks, O Froot-ful one!

You may now resume your earlier conversation.

5. Gov Kodos

Oh god, that ending gasp, the mind just goes :drool::luvlove::adore::drool:

6. Spalko

Then we should post a couple of pics that you can find everywhere but deserve to be posted here again:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last pic was so hot that I had to use it as new avatar in tumblr.

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I assume you caught the trailer on the sidebar? :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7p1-03JsA&feature=related

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7p1-03JsA&feature=related[/yt]

By that measurement... J/N would be acceptable. :eek: Well, we know it is for Jessers & Possums.. but for regular folk? :cardie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCi-fIlnows&feature=fvsr

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCi-fIlnows&feature=fvsr[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFw9HmtEak

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFw9HmtEak[/yt]

8. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

Hey, Jess and I are perfectly normal. And perfectly HILARIOUS!!!

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

GOOD MORNING THREAD!

/waves to all the beautiful people here

[​IMG]

10. teacake

Well I've posted about C/7 before.. I was never opposed to it and apparently am the only person it made perfect sense to. From 7's perspective if she is going to try out human relationships C is a lovely, warm, caring safe bet. He is just one step up from Holo-C because he's never going to be a challenge or cause her any stress, it's not his personality. From C's point of view, we have already seen that he is attracted to strong women and that he likes to take care of people. 7 is beautiful, strong and just starting to respond to being cared for in a non-defensive manner. I think they will both fulfil needs they each have, that it won't last forever and that 7 will benefit greatly from it. Chakotay ultimately needs someone who with less baggage, who is more of an emotional equal.

The way I get around not having seen enough lead up in the show is to assume that stuff was happening behind the scenes they didn't show us :)

I agree it would have been a stronger ending to have no relationships between J, C and 7.

11. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

*Looks left* No one *Looks right* No one

[​IMG]

(One of the people I follow on Tumblr made this a few days ago)

12. teacake

If it keeps you in this thread Honey, I'm all for it!

13. HoneyBLilly

I'm here.

Just going to be posting much less.

In fact, the only reason I'm on now is because I need a break from reading. My eyes are starting to hurt. :p But I finished the first book, for the billionth time, in two hours and twelve minutes (yes, I'm timing), that's a record for me. :)

But I can also read Deathly Hallows in a little over seven hours, and it's over 700 pages I believe.

14. JanewayRulz!

[​IMG]

In Janeway's sexy drawl....

Good Night East coast.

Good Night West coast.

Goooooddddddddd Morning Down Under!

15. Gov Kodos

A fantastic Janeway pic, the smirk, the look, bravo. Now, lets add some Mae West.
    [​IMG]

16. teacake

[​IMG]

That's a.. very nice blouse.

17. HoneyBLilly

A wonderfully nice . . . blouse.

;)

18. Spalko

With a fantasic view, indeed. Hnng!

19. JanewayRulz!

[​IMG]

MORE Mae West Quotes!

In Janeway's sexy drawl....

Her Motto for "Scorpion". :evil:

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

What she told Jaffen in "Workforce". :drool:

Any time you got nothing to do - and lots of time to do it - come on up.

Her "real" opinion of C/7 in "Endgame". ;)

All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.

:rommie:

20. Spalko

I love how ambiguous it sounds ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.