(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Bayern is sort of the "English" team of the Bundesliga. I avoid their games as much as I can, because they usually just win anyway. ;)

2. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting to see whether the Spanish press try to gloss over Real's flaws by highlighting Liverpool's 'defensive' approach to the game again.

Perhaps someone should point out that one of the reasons that Real haven't been doing very well in Europe in the last five years is because they have no defence what to speak of......

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Liverpool are just kicking Real Madrid's arse. If they were being defensive or hiding in their own box they wouldn't have scored three goals and it's not even over yet.

In the meantime, Chelsea got mugged. The ref is lucky they scored shortly afterwards. Drogba had a free kick, it clearly went in but Buffon made out that it didn't, quickly got up and threw it out to a teammate.

4. Angel4576

No doubt we can look forward to Sepp Blatter and Platini whinging about the domination of English teams in Europe again.

Funny how they don't have a problem when German, Spanish and Italian teams have all dominated in the past. Let's hope for four English teams in the SFs and then they can really have something to talk b0ll0cks about.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

English teams dominated Europe before they chucked us out. We've just restored that situation.

6. Angel4576

Well indeed. Sadly for the Eurocrats though, we aren't giving them much ammunition for a legitimate challenge to that status quo. Hence Platini and Blatter have to keep talking about b0ll0cks. Just stick to what you know best Sepp, talking rubbish like increasing the size of the goals and making female players wear tighter shirts/shorts. Twat.

7. Roger Wilco

The Italian domination was a problem too, German and Spanish clubs have never really dominated the European Cup the way the English have in the last few years.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^We can just point to the fact that Bayern Munich are winning 11-1 on aggregate. :lol:

9. Angel4576

^^ Not quite to the same degree no, but Bayern's four titles in a row at least hints at domination over that period in the early to mid 70s.

Likewise, Spain, had five finalists in five seasons at the turn of the Century.

Either way, didn't hear the Eurocrats complaining about either consequence.

10. Angel4576

Real really are $hit. Even Dossena's scored.....

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Oh look Forest loss to relegation rivals after beating 2 playoff teams in 2 weeks :rolleyes: typical...

2 points margin, 8 games to go :eek:

12. Angel4576

^^ The relegation scrap in the CCC is going to go right down to the wire. Except Charlton of course, they're as good as gone already......

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Another point for us at least, but only 7 points from relegation, I'd rather that margin was bigger!

14. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

What amused me was that Madrid had fewer Spanish players than Liverpool. What will Sepp and Michel think about that? Shame on Madrid, for having so few homegrown players, or more evidence of English financial domination over their poorer European counterparts?*

I think I have a suspicion...

*Even those unfortunate clubs with record turnover. Still, at least they are trying to free the slaves, eh Blatter?

15. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12-1 actually. :lol:
    I wish I'd seen that game, but unfortunately it was pay-tv only.

16. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

And to think I though Bayern were going to put out a shadow team and sit on their 0-5 win...

Real were diabolical. I watched it with a Liverpool and a Real fan - classic entertainment.

17. Roger Wilco

Scum United - that was quick. Likely again all 4 English clubs in the 1/4 finals. ;)

18. Angel4576

^^ Dunno. Arsenal are making a meal of it at the moment.

Still, at least three. Although I'd got my heart set on all-English semi finals! :lol:

Edit: No, four teams afterall. After last night's routing of Madrid, tonight, nice to see the Premier League personally putting an end to Serie A's involvement in this season's Champions League.

This is almost becoming too easy.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

So what else do Roma fans need do and infact ITALY as a whole because UEFA are doing a probe into Juventus fans monkey chanting at Drogba...FFS UEFA and FIFA we got banned in the 80's :rolleyes: