Neelixes Strongest episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by WesleysDisciple, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Their should be parental controls on the holodeck that the Counsellor or the Security chief is alerted when one of the crew starts massacring their fellow shipmates or small animals... Which would have annoyed the Doctor no end during the killing game that he keeps getting these alerts of immoral and improper behaviour on the holodeck that should require him to undertake a psychiatric evaluation of the crew killing and raping other crew.

They were drunk medieval Klingons for hours!

Half a dozen crew would have been found to be aborting Talaxian kittens easily for the next few weeks.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well Riker, Geordi and Troi all have no problem barging in on Barclay's holodeck sessions without even knocking. So privacy isn't a concern in the 24th century. Why should ethics regarding use of your holographic form exist? That's privacy too isn't it?

3. Guy Gardener

What Barclay was getting up to is exactly why new regulations would have been written.

Brown-nosing, if Riker did it right, he could have skipped Starship Captaining completely and gone straight to Admiral, by pushing ten tons of paperwork through the the Admiralty about the ethical policing of recreational time on the holodeck.

4. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

isn't it funny though, that this was essentially what McCoy was doing to Spock in TOS and people loved it?

Neelix actually had a decent number of strong episodes: "jetrel," "fair trade," "mortal coil," and "homeward" come to mind. "Mortal coil" is probably the strongest.

5. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

"Rise" and "Mortal Coil".

Regarding Neelix's intolerance of Vulcan culture, you can't miss it with those two in Tuvix before they are joined. Neelix just does NOT understand. -_- He even uses the word "Tuvok-ian". :ack:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPGgmmf0Uk[/YT]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seriously?
    Paris, Torres, Chakotay, Suder, Jonas and half the crew were terrorist, murderers, thieves, liars and traitors to their own government..........but Neelix is untrustworthy and didn't deserve a second chance?

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Actually privacy is still a concern. We have seen many times on the Enterprise with quarters that are locked, and Worf needing to use his security code to unlock it to deal with whatever threat.

I think Barclay just forgot to lock his holodeck doors. It is the type of mistake he would make.

There is no policy against using holograms of the people you know, but you probably better stop once they find out.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

"Homeward" is still my favorite Neelix episode.

It was hell of a lot better than "Endgame" as an ending episode for a character!

9. Guy Gardener

Maybe doors don't stay locked for crew above a certain rank?

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

And put your pants back on.

11. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the record, I think Neelix best ep. was "Once Upon a Time".
    It really shows the inner Neelix and why he is the way he is.
    How desperate he is to be loved, how he greatly fears being alone again and he smile is just a mask for his sorrow.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You can be sure Riker would've make Barclay's life aboard the Enteprise a living hell if Barclay continued to use his image!:devil:

13. Guy Gardener

The accomplished Leah Brahms in Galaxy's child found that Geordie was using her image as a sex toy maybe 6 months after the events in Hollow Pursuits. So no definitive changes had yet been made to the legal code.

14. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Suder and Jonas never were in Starfleet. Suder was an unrepentant pyscho killer and all he was told to do was go to his room. Jonas had an axe to grind simply because he was conscripted into Starfleet against his will and told his life was worth less than Federation principles.

Chakotay resigned from Starfleet, and Paris and Torres were kicked out. So calling them traitors isn't accurate. Also name anyone these three have murdered or stole from. I can't.

As for terrorists? Yeah... I guess they were. So what? The Federation told the Maquis to take care of themselves, that the peace treaty that the Cardassians weren't honoring was more important than the lives of their own civilians... sot they took care of themselves. If you're going to claim that just because they joined the Maquis to protect people that Starfleet wouldn't over a treaty that didn't work and ended with the Cardassians joining the Dominion and initiating the largest war in history, that they lack morality on any sort of level, I'm going to say you have your morals twisted to say the least.