Adaptation of true story of making of a copy of Raiders of Lost Ark

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Argus Skyhawk, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

Here is the article.

Back in the 80's a group of kids who were huge fans of Raiders of the Lost Ark spent years filming their own shot-for-shot remake of the film using their own ingenuity to copy the sets, special effects, acting, etc. Now they are coming out with a documentary about this remake, as well as a feature film about the project.

It may sound silly to make a movie about making a movie that is a copy of another movie, but I am still interested in seeing the coming feature film.

I would also be interested in seeing the copy that the kids made.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Re: Adaptation of true story of making of a copy of Raiders of Lost Ar

It used to be available somewhere on the net, because I saw it a few years ago, but not sure it was ever on YouTube. It might have been on the old iFilm site as I visited it a lot back in its day. It's probably been suppressed by now in anticipation of the remake.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It was on YouTube yesterday, but I guess the news of this movie caused it to be noticed and taken down.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw the adaptation followed by a Q&A with the guys a few years ago; it was a lot of fun. They used a puppy for the monkey, a motorboat for the seaplane in the opening sequence, and omitted the whole airstrip brawl entirely; other than that, it was a pretty close copy. Not sure if there's really enough story to add to make a narrative feature, but I'll keep an open mind for now..

5. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

Here are the first ten minutes. A note on the Youtube page says that the soundtrack is muted due to copyright reasons.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqiq6MUAh0[/yt]