Brief Voyager Podcast Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by James T. Vader, Mar 14, 2013.

1. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

So the guys over at JR Watches Star trek for the first time

http://www.jrwatchesstartrek.blogspot.com/ over the past five years have reviewed all of TOS, the Movies, TNG and are getting ready to start the Final Chapter 9 ep arc of DS9.

Since they've been doing this five years they can't commit fully to Voyager, so what they have decided to do is review Caretaker and Endgame and with the help of listeners choose the 4 worst and 4 best of the series to watch and they need your help!

They need the 4 best and 4 worst from their listeners. Please submit them in alphabetical order and the narrowing down will begin.

You can visit their facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JR-Watches-Star-Trek-for-the-first-time/103254539747955?fref=ts

or email them at

jrwatchesstartrek@gmail.com

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Weak.

3. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

QFT :rolleyes:

4. MrsStepford

MrsStepford Ensign Newbie

Being new to Startrek myself (like one of the dudes in this podcast so I felt a kinship) I recently subscribed to this hoping in time they WOULD do Voyager at some stage. I haven't listened to any of the eps yet. This is a bit of a cop-out! Gosh! Yet they are prepared to commit to DS9? Good grief! The have a similar number of episodes - and from what I have seen of DS9 (admittedly not a lot as yet and maybe in time I'll warm to it esp once Worf arrives) it is no way as good as Voyager.

5. teacake

DS9 is fantastic Trek, if you get an opportunity to watch it all the way through you should go for it. Much of it is story arcs so watching them randomly doesn't work as well as with the other series.

6. MrsStepford

MrsStepford Ensign Newbie

At least I am in luck with this one - "11" started playing them from the beginning when for some random reason they stopped showing TNG. I am limited by what I can see on free to air. I must say - that first episode of DS9 blew my mind. I have watched a few with the rest waiting on my DVR. I would have loved to see Voyager and TNG for that matter from the very start.

7. teacake

I watched everything from video stores years ago, before I ended up owning it all. You may be able to order VOY in from a big DVD rental place even if the local store doesn't have it. Startrek.com has all of TOS and Enterprise free to watch but not outside of the US unfortunately.

8. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

Well they have been doing this practically every two weeks for 5 straight years. To have made it thru 79 tos 178 tos and 178 tng plus 11 movies plus trekkies trekkies 2 that's a huge accomplishment. It's been 2 and a half years alone of ds9.

I'd rather they give it the old college try and do some voyager rather than have the podcast get stale and and have them not have their hearts in it.

In all honest, TOS was their favorite and nothing really has surpassed it in their opinions.

9. teacake

I'm just giving them a hard time. Not everyone needs to spend a decade talking about Star Trek like some here :lol: