Who Came First? - Female or Male?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dryson, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Yeah, a woman and a pig sounds way more realistic.

2. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

In my personal mythology, the firstborn beings from whom the world is created are a lizard and a whole bunch of sexy naked chinchillas.

3. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

My original reply to the thread title was: Ideally they both came at the same time. But it doesn't always work out.

4. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

...and when do we start training for that!?!?!? :p

Good post, 'Dendron! :)

5. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

ROTFLMAO! A pity we don't have a Quote Of The Week anymore. This one would have been a top candidate.
    As for men coming first - has the reason for that ever been researched? For the purpose of propagation it'd be better if both came simultaneousely. So why don't they? (and should we start a new thread about that?)

How about a stopover at Munich airport next time you fly home, HIjol? For purely scientific reasons, of course :D

6. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

"Computer?"
    "Working."
    "Get me flight schedules between Abu Dhabi and Munich, Warp 9"
    "Affirmative"

"Transporter Room?"
    "Aye, Sir,"
    "One to Beam Down!"
    "Aye, Sir!"

:biggrin:

7. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL considering the number of transporter accidents happening in all Trek series, I'd rather take a shuttle ;)
    There are only few nonstop flights from Abu Dhabi to MUC. With most connections you have to switch planes at Doha.

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

As good scientists we should allow evidence to lead us to a conclusion, rather than a conclusion to drive the search for evidence. That's why the religious aspects don't matter. Not when the question is one of science.

If we were discussing mythology or sociology, then they'd matter.

9. iguana_tonante

Religions are an incredibly interesting topic. They reveal so much about the history, lore, customs, economy, sociology, anthropology, and even psychology of any given culture.

I love religions so much, I have what religious people do with them.

10. thestrangequark

Agreed. They are fascinating, and we can learn so much about people by studying them. One thing we can't learn about from them though, is biology. :)

11. iguana_tonante

I don't know, the study of entheogenic substances and the field of neurotheology can teach us a lot about the biology of the brain! ;)

12. thestrangequark

You got me there!

(Another thing a good scientist does: admits it when the evidence doesn't support their assertions.)

13. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Without considering religion, it would have to be females first, or both very close together. Females could still reproduce with parath-whatever, but if males came first, well, they couldn't reproduce on their own.
    Also, I just want to point out, that just because males can't breast feed doesn't mean male nipples are useless. They can still be a source of pleasure. Not a big deal maybe, but not entirely useless all the same.

14. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who came first? Both at the same time! Badum tish!

15. thestrangequark

^Emilia beat ya to it!

@borgboy: Parthenogenisis. :)

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Figures. :(

17. thestrangequark

I seriously did not intend any innuendo, but now that I've seen it it's great.

18. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

It's obvious in every day life that the female came first in order to carry life in her womb. Every single birth on planet Earth comes from the female, save a few species such as Sea Horses, but the majority of life is carried and developed within the womb of the female and not the male.

This proves without a doubt that females were the first to come into being in the Universe with males coming into being second.

This is the main reason why there is so much abuse of women by men on Earth. Men abuse women because they are belittled by the fact that women carry both female and male in their wombs and give birth to both genders.

This means that at one time or another in the early evolution of humans that a cellular split occurred that evolved man from woman.

Men can only try and cover up the truth if reality with religious words when the proof of concept is right there in front of us everyday of the week.

I can't help it if you get angry because you are uneducated and believe all comes from you because you have testicles and wave your arms saying fancy words that make people tired.

Your mad because you hate the truth of reality and have tried to escape it your whole entire existence.

Woman is the Creator of Life.

19. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

uhm, no...

Life started with asexual reproduction.
    That means neither male nor female yet.

At some point organisms started to exchange and mix dna instead of just cloning itself.
    That's when evolution really got into high gear because change could happen so much faster.
    many organisms developed the ability to fertilize other members of their species while being able to be fertilized by others as well. They were still neither male or female but could produce sexually.
    Those species still exist today... plants for example
    Eventually species split into specialized male and female versions... mostly animalia I think.

Disclaimer: layman's very crude understanding of the whole process. happily being corrected by actual authority on the subject. ;)

20. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

It doesn't prove anything. You're also assuming life on Earth came before anywhere else in the Universe.

It didn't happen during the evolution of humans; it happened before life crawled out of the sea. You just finished mentioning how it's true across the entire animal kingdom. That already means it predates man.
    :wtf: Do you even know what those words mean?

See sig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.