The which movie/series/anime was that thread.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Drago-Kazov, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I start.

I remeber watching some sort of Fast and Furious clone. The dad was a cop, the kid was a racer. There was also an old guy, maybe his grandpa who did some crime during the Vietnam War trying to sabotage the war of effort at home so thats why he was in prison for a while.

Any idea about the title?

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Fastlane, surely

3. Drago-Kazov

You mean the TV series?

It was a movie.

4. Drago-Kazov

There was one movie about a brothel and attempts to shut it down. I think it was called Chicken Farm or something. It is set in the 60s or 70s.

Any ideas?

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton?

6. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

There was Japanese film, black and white, that I saw a couple of times when I was about three or four. It was about a little boy who gets separated from his parents, but finds them at the end. I want to say it was fairly old even when I saw it.

That's not much to go on, but I've been trying to figure out what the movie was called off and on for a long, long time now.

7. Drago-Kazov

Thats it thanks.

8. Drago-Kazov

I remember an animated series about Kangooros playing basketball agaisnts teams that consisted of an another species.

Any ideas about the title?

9. Drago-Kazov

I remember watching a movie about a 19th or 18th century corsican blood feud between two families.At the end there was some sort of duel. Any ideas?

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Great topic!

I remember seeing a movie that started with a woman killing her abusive husband in self defense. It's new years and she goes to see her friend at a bar and talk about it, he's just gotten out of prison. She talks to him a while, goes somehwere and says to a aquaintance she meets that she wishes she could just do this last year all over again. And suddenly she finds herself at the same spot one year earlier and gets to live the year all over again, but in a better way. She tries warning her friend about his bout in jail, but he ends up there anyways. He asked her why they'd let hem him go later on and on and she says something along the lines of "I..I dunno, they just let you go." Later on it's the fateful new years eve again and she's nearly getting killed by her abusive husband again, but this time it's the friend just out of jail that steps in and kills the husband. The friend says "You where right...they just let me go." Film ends with them standing there over the husbands body while the camera moves out the shattered window.

And I can not for the life of me remember what it was called.

11. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

There's a movie from around the 80s I think that featured some high school project that went awry. It created rifts/portals to other worlds (or maybe just in time). I remember assault rifles, dinosaurs, and the characters maneuvering through the school (it may have been a mall, too?) hunting for something or other. Hell, it may not even have had any dinosaurs, but I kinda think it did. Sorta. Maybe.

Incredibly vague, I know, but I did a half-assed search for it not too long ago without any luck. Any idea what it might be? For some reason I have it associated with The Manhatten Project in my head, but obviously that's not it.

EDIT: Once I gave up on the idea of dinosaurs, searching pulled up The Science Project. That very well could have been it.
    EDIT 2: Sweet, there are dinosaurs. This was it. (Hooray for thinking things out 'aloud'.)

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

^ That's "My Science Project" IIRC

13. Theodore Jay Miller

Theodore Jay Miller Commodore Newbie

There was an anime I saw a lot of years ago, some sort of space adventure or alien invasion thing. The detail I remember is that most of the characters had big anime eyes, but there were a couple of characters, one a scientist and the other a kid, whose eyes were little dots very close together. Sound familiar?

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Kangoos? Fairly horrible, actually.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GNPYMXXGc[/yt]

15. Drago-Kazov

Thanks, i was really young when i watched it.