The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^ :lol:

Merry Christmas to you! May the zombies always be far from your door and may Daryl always be there to guard your back.

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, crap ... we blocked all the doors and windows, but we forgot to guard the chimney!

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to the Walking Dead wiki:
    • While the term "zombie" does exist within The Walking Dead universe, it is seldom used. In the comic book, when Rick's group discover the prison, both Rick and Tyreese discuss how it still sounds funny to use the word "zombie". Likewise, in the Telltale video game, the term is used but very rarely. "Zombie" is never used in the TV series...

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I wonder if elves are effected by the zombie virus. :confused:

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

No worries, Santa's head was removed before he could turn :(

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Have you watched the webisodes? I just watched the Oath and it seems to offer a subtle explanation as to how Rick survived.

There was a lone (crazy) Doctor who was still at the hospital where Rick was. It's possible she was caring for him.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That makes sense. I never thought of that.

9. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Walking Dead: Rumors Circulate The Governor Could Return

Please writers of TWD, no more Governor, even if Lily missed the guy is not superman and there is no way he wouldn't be Walker bait, beside that his story is played out, IMO there is nothing left to see, there is too much great story left moving forward to keep revisiting the past.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I hope not, the Governor's arc should be over at this point. He's fallen, had his redemption and then fallen from that. His arc is over.

David Moresey(?) is a fine actor and all but we need to be done with the Governor. And, as said, even if Lily missed/didn't shoot at the Governor he took a pretty serious wound from Michonne's katana, it went right through his chest and had to have damaged a lung, a major artery, his heart or something pretty important. Given the lack of emergency medical care and qualified cardiac surgeons in the ZA I doubt he'd survive.

11. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

If anything it'll be flashbacks. I can't see them bringing him back alive it really would undercut the power of the season 4 mid finale.

12. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

or someone is hallucinating.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

What about that poster is specifically bleak for them?
    I'm trying to read in here: Turning their backs on the group after what happened to "little ass kicker"? Striking out on their own?

15. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

That poster doesn't show anything particularly bleak. The few clips AMC has been showing since the mid-season finale tell more than that.

As far as the Governor is concerned, I can only hope they don't try and bring him back.
    In one of the clips they've been showing, Rick is out cold. Perhaps that is where they could bring him back. In some sort of dream while he's unconscious.

16. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I read my share of comics but never read WD. Even as into the show as I am I decided to not get into it and just let the show unfold without me having additional expectations about what I should/shouldn't expect.

Looks like with these 3 new to the show characters that have plenty of source familiarity we have time to work with them for awhile. Maybe this Negan character won't come on board till midway S5 if not start S6 if he's such a brutal badass. Better to use him a closing chapters for the show(assuming 7 seasons). Assuming that the comic doesn't unmine equally fresh material in the intervening time.

18. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unfortunately Compendium Two ends at a point where you hear a little about Negan, but don't see him in person yet, so I still don't have the, umm, pleasure of knowing him yet, and I'd rather hold out for Compendium Three (which may be a while) rather than get the individual volumes.

19. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I just ordered Compendium One. Does that just cover what we're up to now?

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Pretty much.