Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Jun 1, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Because she looks like a chipmunk!

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Well yes and no.

A) The quote is from The Colbert Report, a show whose very existence is based in satire.

2) I've watched every episode of Star Trek: Voyager and while there are episodes I like, it's not my chosen favorite.

D) There's a marked difference between a quote from a satirical news show and actively going in to threads to bitch and complain about shows I don't watch just for the sake of bitching and moaning. I don't do the latter, and seeing others do it is, in my opinion, pretty lame.

That said, I probably should change my sig because you're right, the lack of context can be misleading and I'd rather avoid this kind of argument altogether.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^Don't change your sig! It's one of my favorites!

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Because she's a celebrity and kinda hot.

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Really? I'm getting more of a camel vibe from her.

[​IMG]

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh dear god...

7. Trekker4747

Camel toe!

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

A very reasonable response. Just thought I'd raise the point given the nature of the discussion, and the issue as it pertains to sigs was fresh in my mind since someone currently has an anti-Lost sig that strikes me as rather pathetic and lacking in goodwill towards fans with a different point of view. Don't get me wrong, though, your sig didn't come anywhere close to that level, it being of a far more jocular nature.

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

^
    Oh I had no doubt... but you were right. Fun as that quote is/was, it's also been over a year since I put it up. Time to let the old girl rest.

And that's what you missed last week, on

[​IMG] !

10. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Attempted to sit through an episode..

I just can't....

and Ms. Cyrus is now jumping into that "Pop Tramp" that so many teen music stars jump into after they hit 18....

Soon she'll be flashing her privates while screaming "Leave me alone!!" as she gets out of her Ferrari...

11. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Looks more like the whole foot!

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. Maybe this should serve as the new cornerstone for us Miley.

13. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I think it's hilarious. As in I think it's hilarious how far someone will go in terms of juvenile behavior simply because they didn't like an episode of a television show. And apparently, a generation of people.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

That's a good way of looking at it. :)

15. Trekker4747

Miley has genuine talent and seems to have a decent grounding with her parents. While she's going a bit into the "pop tramp" route i don't think she'll get nearly as bas as Brittney did (who has abysmal parents) I think she'll have a decent career ahead of her once she completely sheds the Hannah Montana thing and grows out of the pop bullshit. She's got some real talent.

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that! I think they have medications for it now, no need to give up. :(

16. Angela 0077

Angela 0077 Captain

i have watched a few eps of this series and it is pretty good

There is alot of music in it and a great story line

This Miley is a big show off l bet she hasnt watched a single ep

There is also alot of cds out with there music

My daughter is a big fan and she was reserching on the internet and found out they are touring the US

She said it would be great if they could tour Austraila and show of there musical talents here

17. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I'm an optimist at heart.

18. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    The irony is, there are quite a few people who feel the same way about her that she feels about "Glee".

She is the retarded trendy thing that older people hate, just as she hates this retarded trendy thing.

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wish people shared this much passion when I start a thread on an episode a week and there is no chatter about it.

Why has this board turned into the "I don't like something, and if you do, than you suck" mood lately. I see it in this thread, and I saw it in the Doctor Who forum.

So what if you don't like Glee. What has Miley Cyrus done to make her opinion important and worthy of a thread. Why Should I care if anyone disagree with me when I say Glee is the best new show of the season and I love it just for what it is. I'm not going to convince you or anyone else, and I don't try. Just kinda wish there was more passion from the Glee fans regarding episodes in that week, but I guess that's a whole other story.

By the way, Tonight's episode was great, and I can't wait till the finale.

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

One other thing. Her favorite show is RuPaul's Drag Race. I don't think we should really be talking about people's tastes in what, if you know where I'm getting at. *

*Disclaimer, I haven't actually seen the show, but I have seen RuPaul, and the title sounds like something I'm not interested in in the least. It probably is good to her, but like I just said, I don't care.