Worst Star trek actor ever

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Overlord, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimaster

jedimaster Ensign Red Shirt

Damn! You guys are channelling President Bacco.;)

My vote is for Nana Visitor, something about her voice just makes me want to perforate my eardrums.:ack:

2. Jonny

Jonny Commander Red Shirt

For me personally it was Will Wheaton I just never warmed to Wesley Crusher.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Have you seen Star Trek?

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Yes, and while the costumes the women wore in TOS were pretty over-the-top sexually they at least fit the more sexist 60s. And even Troi was never as blatant as Leeta, Seven or T'Pol.

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

At least in Leeta's case, you could make the excuse that it was part of her job to look sexy. :devil: Troi's outfits were cute, but I agree, they were also absurdly gratuitous and served no practical function. At least this was eventually acknowledged in "Chain of Command" with Jellico's very funny, but also very natural line about one of them.

But let's not confuse aesthetic qualities with acting ability. What does the sound of Nana Visitor's voice have to do with her acting? I couldn't stand Odo's voice, but that doesn't mean I thought the actor playing him sucked at acting. I think he made the wrong choice of a voice for that character, but he acted well in spite of it.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll go by series:

TOS - William Shatner. His sentence construction and delivery really bugs the hell out of me.

TNG - Diana Muldaur. She was awful. A cheap knock-off of McCoy.

DS9 - Don't have any, loved the series and the cast.

VOY - Robert Beltran. It was obvious he didn't want to be there. Should have killed him off, promoted Tuvok and made Ayala the new Security Chief!

ENT - Jolene Blalock. Her method of doing controlled emotions was just a trout-pout. The character I didn't mind, but her delivery was weak in some places.

7. Josie

Josie Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Take a bow Miko Mayama (Yeoman Tamula; A Tase of Armageddon). She was hilarously bad. Always looking nervous, looking to other actors for directions, not knowing where to stand, how to emote or how to interact with others. Not only that, but the terrible hokey accent.

Phyllis Douglas (Yeoman Mears; The Galileo Seven) also deserves a mention for one of the most desperate cases of over-acting seen on Star Trek.

I'm not sure who exactly the actress is, or what she played, but the alien in Virtuoso on Voyager was without a doubt dreadful.

As for the regulars, Avery Brooks is crap. Really crap. No, so bad it is embarrassing. Whenever he does the big angry speeches or touchy feely scenes his tone and pronunciation is so stilted it detracts. Maybe acceptable in theatre, certainly not for tv. He also had a tendency to overact.

Patrick Stewart is almost just as bad. Always the same accent, always the same pronunciation, always plays the same whenever acting. He really detracted from TNG. It was almost like Star Trek: Shakespeare. A good actor can adapt to different forms of dramatic mediums, it seems Stewart can't. I never got a Starship Captain from him, just a human Shakespeare actor trying to pay the bills on a sci fi show.

I used to think Jennifer Lien was crap. I've somewhat softened my stance recently. I think my hate for Kes was just out of control.

As for most unprofessional, Robert Beltran you are the winner. Just a shame he was never shoved out the airlock with Garett Wang.

8. munwai

munwai Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Ethan Phillips. I suppose he's technically not the worst actor, but I can't stand Neelix.

Eric Bana as Nero: "Hello, Christopher." Easily the most frustrating line of Star Trek for me. The line was completely out of place; the pacing, the inflection, everything. It detracted from the tense scene and I couldn't stop thinking about it afterward.

9. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

Worst acting? Season 1 TNG cast. seriously.

10. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Diana Maldour as Dr. Pulaski.

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

So very true!

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Sorry but Troi's "bunny suit" was every bit as silly, sexist and absurd as anything worn by Seven or T'Pol. Sexy women in sexy clothes is a staple of Trek.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I DID like her first outfit, the blue uniform-skirt combo. That was sexy, kept in line with TOS' uniforms and looked almost professional.

And she DID still look sexy in a regular uniform.

14. jedimaster

You mean the "Cosmic Cheerleader" outfit! It was one of the most ridiculous things I'd ever seen:barf:

15. Josie

Josie Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Anwar I agree she did look sexy as a cosmic cheerleeder. Though I can definitely see why she got called fat by a producer. She was sporting a little pouch. Still, she was sexy.

Jedi, did you ever watch the Original Series? Troi looked fine in a skirt.

16. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Chase Masterson was always pretty abysmal

17. jedimaster

I have seen the original series (though I'm not a huge fan) but that had the excuse of being in the 60's. When they they started the modern age I think it just didn't fit with where the rest of the show went. Thank God they dropped it after a few eps.

18. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Denise. The character was bad, and her acting was bad. Gates and Marina were pretty bad, too, but she actually bothered me.

19. el Chalupacabra

el Chalupacabra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Chris Pine. Awful rendition of Kirk.:barf:

20. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

The science officer of the Saratoga from Star Trek IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.