USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vektor, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She looks great.

2. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got a few more WIPs to show, probably the last for a few days while I take care of a few things I've been neglecting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bridge decks are new, aside from the brief glimpse I offered in the first of my recent wallpaper images. The bridge module itself is still just a placeholder, though the final version will look very much like it. The blocked-out object above the docking bay is also a placeholder but will eventually become a control booth to more or less match the one above the aft hangar bay.

Let's see... the name and registry number were just added last night using a different method of curving the text and making it conform to the hull. The method I used for curving the text was harder but more accurate, and the method used for conforming to the hull was MUCH easier than what I've done in the past.

I think the feature I'm most happy with at this point is the way the neck flows into the primary hull, the bridge decks and the saucer impulse engines. I've probably tried 20 or 30 different designs for that area over the life of this project and this is the first one I'm not only satisfied with but really, really like.

Things are finally coming together on this baby. If I can just work out the details on the underside of the saucer, the basic design will finally be DONE and I can start freezing the sub-D objects and really detailing things out. I'm not gonna set any more meaningless deadlines, but I could be within a month or so of finishing the modeling work, depending on what happens with my job situation in the near future. :thumbsup:

3. James Tiberius Kirk

James Tiberius Kirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Beautiful as always Vek, and don't worry, we never expect you to actually finish :D

4. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Finish ? No don't, take your time, that way we can drool over these lovely updates ;)

Speaking of One... More... Time...

~/o' I'lllllll taaaakeeee yoooou hooooomeeee aaagaaaiiiin Kaaathleeeeen 'o\~

Woulfe
    * Musical Chairs *

5. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks better all the time. Just don't start over (again). :)

6. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

What makes this such a gorgeous ship is that you could pretty much stop right here (please don't!) and you would have a beautiful vessel right there. But the fact that you are working to get it even better, just makes it all the more stunning. Can't wait to see the rest of the work up and the final version. :thumbsup:

7. Vektor

I finally managed to get some work done on the underside of the saucer...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's an alternate version of the inner phaser array that I'm trying to decide if I like better:

[​IMG]

This is the furthest along this part of the ship has ever been in any of its design iterations and the first time I've been truly happy with it. Seems like she's finally coming together after all this time.

8. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

I love the underside so far, glad you are finally getting the look you want under there.

9. Rally_man

Rally_man Captain Captain

Hey Vektor, I was just thinking, you ever thought of adding the torpedo tube in the primary hull ala TOS Enterprise? So that during saucer separation both can have an equal armament.

10. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm very glad to see that she's got a neck... :D

11. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

I hope that I am saying or thinking this right, but I believe there will be torpedo tubes just above the ND in the neck area. and although it has not been said much lately there is plans to add the pulse cannons on each side of the ND as well. Not as powerful as the ones in the bow of the saucer, but not to shabby either.

12. Vektor

There was a quantum torpedo launcher at the bottom of the primary hull in earlier versions of this ship and there will be again. I'm hoping to get some more work done on the Grandeur this weekend and the quantorp launcher along with the pulse cannons on the bow will be my priorities.

13. AudioBridge

AudioBridge Captain Captain

I love the Grandeur, Vektor, but what of the Vanguard? What of the Vanguard???

14. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

no, no. no distractions. finish project, then next project. or previous project, as the case may be. :D

15. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice, where does the light on the pylon come from though?

16. Vektor

Lazarus stole it. ;)

17. Vektor

From the outer edge of the warp rudder below. I'll add a little flood light housing down there eventually, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

18. Vektor

A tiny little update with a few refinements to the underside of the primary hull:

[​IMG]

Ignore the dark line behind the neck section; it's just some polygons that haven't been deleted yet.

19. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Are you soliciting design comments, Vektor?

20. Vektor

Of course.