Enterprise C got stuck in the wrong time!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by gianderosa1990, Mar 13, 2010.

1. gianderosa1990

gianderosa1990 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What if the Enterprise C never left the altered timeline?

Just watched 'Yesterdays Enterprise' episode and was wondering if the outcome of this episode was different how would it affect the timeline?

If... The Enterprise C was unable to re-enter the rift and remained in that timeline and the Federation eventually surrendered to the Klingons, what would happen to the federation itself and its citizens?

What would you do if you were Picard, would you take the Enterprise and flee from Klingon occupied space gather whats left of the fleet and roam space and leave the Federation behind?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Go where? They would encounter races as dangerous as the Klingons in that timeline, or worse.

3. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

I'd imagine it would be various colony and transport ships that would venture into deep space and attempt to resettle elsewhere. Warships like the Enterprise would most likely fight on and do as much damage as possible to the enemy. Federation worlds would most likely live under Klingon enslavement.

Of course, there is always a chance of a great Federation victory that would push the Klingons back or something along those lines.

4. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

All of this has happened before, and it will happen again.

*Que drums*

:shifty:

5. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

To what end? If the battle was hopeless in the sense that the Klingons would ultimately win, then any resistance would also be hopeless in the sense that it could not prevent the Klingons from continuing their aggression against those colonizers or other refugees, once they had won the war. It could make a dent in the Klingon military forces, but the dent would be meaningless in halting possible colonial slaughter, and would merely piss off the Klingons (or keep them pissed off) at the worst possible time.

What possible reason could there be for continuing the fight? What possible reason could there be for not surrendering?

Timo Saloniemi

6. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

It would all be a moot point since in a few months after that episode there would be a Borg invasion anyway, so it's probably wouldn't make any difference who wins the war.

7. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

I can't imagine any warship not continuing to fight regardless of the odds during wartime. If the Klingons approached Sol, I would hardly imagine the flagship just capitulating unless Starfleet surrendered to the Klingons. And even then, surrending might as well mean the dismantling of the Enterprise anyway.

8. Finn

Except in that timeline, the Enterprise would not have gone back to time to meet Cochrane and company. This prevents the events of ENT's Regeneration which prevents the mysterious attacks along the Neutral Zone up to TNG's The Neutral Zone. So it's possible the Borg wouldn't be an issue for a while in that timeline until a Klingon ship chasing a Cardassian resistance ship through the badlands in 2371 is thrown to the Delta Quadrant and forced to transverse the Delta Quadrant untiil they reach Borg space.

9. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

The Klingons would have assumed control over the 8000 light years or so of Federation space, and Starfleet may have been absorbed into the Klingon Defence Force. The Klingons, as obviously a warrior race, may also have attacked the Romulans, Cardassians, and other Alpha Quadrant powers, confident in the fact they defeated the Federation.

As for what Picard would do, I think he would fight. Whilst he was more diplomatic and not as militarily savvy as Sisko, I don't think it's in his nature to back down, especially if he feels not backing down is the right thing to do.

10. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This episode was made before the concept of section31. I reckon they would have engineered a hideous plan to stop the war and be victorious. Just like they did with the Dominion

11. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Doesn't matter if that particular Enterprise-D travelled back to meet Cochrane. The dividing line between the timeline seen in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and most of the rest of the series was at Narenda III - before that, they shared a common history. So if the events of "First Contact" were predestination paradox (which I'm still not sure of, but that seems to be the dominant opinion), then the "mainline" Enterprise-E would still be in the 2063 of the timeline leading to the events of "Yesterday's Enterprise", too.

So, yeah, they'd have the Borg breathing down their necks, too. :borg:

12. Hatchet2k4

Hatchet2k4 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm still not sure that the Borg invasion would be so imminent though.. In this timeline was the Enterprise ever catapaulted to J25 to meet them for the first time? (Actually I doubt they would have ever met up with Q at all if they never went to Farpoint in the first place..) That seemed to be the catalyst to them coming so soon. I have no doubt they would still eventually invade, but not as soon as a few months.

13. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    The Borg would be a distant threat in that universe for a few reasons. It's unlikely Q would've been involved with that Picard and co., and thus wouldn't have flung Enterprise 7,000 light years away to meet the Borg. Eventually, the Klingons, in control of the Alpha Quadrant, would have to deal with the Borg threat, but sometime later in the future.

I've always thought that the war between the Federation and the Klingons was preceded by a war between the Klingons and Romulans, a direct reaction to the attack on Narendra III, a war the Klingons probably won. They take over the Romulan Empire, much like in the All Good Things future, and perhaps they even allow some Romulans to serve in the Klingon defense force. Also, the Klingons would've gained access to Romulan technology and improved their own cloaking devices. Then, a stronger Klingon Empire would turn its attention to the Federation.

I also have wondered what was the status of the Cardassians and Ferengi in this bleak timeline?

14. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

But with no Romulans in the picture then the Federation would have been free to have cloaking technology.

15. Hatchet2k4

Hatchet2k4 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Indeed, it would have been interesting if they did have cloaking tech available in that timeline. Not that it would have helped them much in defending the E-C though.

16. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

My guess is that after the Klingons defeated the Federation, they'd be defeated by the Romulans who were waiting for their two enemies to utterly exhaust one another in such a massive war. With the Feds and Klingons defeated (and the Romulans themselves weakened) the rest of the Alpha Quadrant would collapse into practically every group out there fighting one another and pretty much making the place into the space equivalent of the Road Warrior.

17. Withers

Withers Captain

If one Federation Admiral was willing to completely alter history based on saving a former Borg Drone and her ex-Marquis husband, I find it hard to believe that the Federation would under go Klingon enslavement before the Todd, Leyton, Daugherty or Pressman of that time line did some time altering time travel. When it's necessary (or sometimes when its not and they just feel like it) the Federation will change the past. Screw Enterprise C. The Federation just ain't goin' down like that; if the Admirals don't see to that Section 31 will.

-Withers-​

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

If they had controllable time travel tech available to them by that point...

19. Finn

^Kirk was able to time travel in the 2280s...

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The slingshot around the sun thing? That wasn't the most controllable method..