USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vektor, Mar 21, 2006.

1. KirkTrekModeler

KirkTrekModeler Commander

Captain James B. Quirk., What do I say? Perfection! I still don't like that cheesburger with Y wings.... Sorry. True Dat.

2. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You might consider updating copyright notice on your images, Jason.

It's always good seeing a WIP from Vektor.

3. the citizen

the citizen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Very nice progress! Our baby is getting a "hull-a-cure" :-)

Okay.. sorry, but it's early and... uh... thanks for the update post VEK! At least the little blue guy is laughing.

4. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

Looks better and better as always Vektor

5. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I'd love to see the U.S.S. Grandeur & the Legacy-Class U.S.S. Cadence side-by-side in a "Task Force" splash image with some of Kaden & Galen's other post-Dominion War designs. The Lethe-Class captain's Yacht, perhaps.

"Not Your Daddy's Starfleet"

6. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fixed the dorsal phaser strips and restored the ones on the back of the neck section. I also did a lot of tweaking to the SubD objects in that area that you can't really see, but the separate surfaces now line up better and are pretty much ready to be frozen and joined together, assuming I don't need to make any further tweaks.

[​IMG]

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Sweet! I can't wait to see this baby textured!

8. ChuckPR

ChuckPR Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Puuuuuuuurty! :)

9. Colonel Midnight

Colonel Midnight Vice Admiral Premium Member

As usual, you have my vote, Sir Vektor!

:thumbsup: :drool:

Cheers,
    -CM-

10. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

First, this looks absolutely fantastic! If I could give you a pie over the internet I would.

Second, you should give the little blue guy a mop. Because having him clean the ship with his tongue is a little mean. :lol:

11. Just_Bob

Just_Bob Commander Red Shirt

Ya think? :)

Vektor, I do so love your work. The Grandeur is one of the most beautiful, and unique, designs that has ever crossed my optic nerves. My kids are just in awe, as I am as well. :thumbsup:

12. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

The U.S.S. Grandeur.

The design that never fails to impress.

13. the citizen

the citizen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That little blue guy really gets some attention, VEK! LOL

14. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

His tongue is stuck to the hull, the citizen. :p

15. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

Glad to see all is coming along up here. Just wanted everyone to know that we are very slowly getting the Actual Grandeur Forum back up and running not totally sure why or how the other one went down , but it sort of messed up and or disappeared

Although we did not get a lot of people to join over there from these boards we did have a few big names in the art world join up as well as Vektor and NightShadow posting over there too.

So maybe we can slowly get it back up to speed again. Don't expect alot right away but if you care to take a look feel free USS Grandeur Forum

I want to thank everyone that has been sending me their response as to rather or not they would purchase this ship as a model when Vektor gets finished with it and when we get the physicial model all complete.

I made a spot for people to cast their vote on the forum under the main Grandeur link, feel free to cast your vote for the model there, as well as on the Grandeur Website which BTW is getting a less cluttered slow make over too.:)

16. CaptainRoop

For those interested, based on a early post about the Grandeur Poll I have now got a simple poll set up on the Grandeur website, for thoses that did not want to join the Grandeur Forum and take it over there.

You can check it out here http://www.sextondesign.net/grandeur/html/grandeur_poll.html
    Thanks

17. KirkTrekModeler

Thank you. So, what do all of the CG guys think of the Refit thread, especially those that ripped on the original thread, that was posted some months ago? Just curious, since none on the team are CG guys, we'd really like the input.

Thanks in advance.

18. CaptainRoop

I may be a bit confused in exactly what your question is asking is there a way you can be a bit more specific.

19. KirkTrekModeler

Well, it's real simple. there was a thread, started by a friend of mine, some time ago about.."Ultimate Refit Refs."

Anyway, that thread was met with a lot of criticism. The poster was essentially told that they were all wrong...blaa....blaaa...blaaa, even though I told my friend that they were accurate.

As life would have it, the thread died a mercilous death.

So, at one point, I decided I was going to try and get together as many people as I could, that were OUT of the loop and take as many references that were available and put together the best Refit refs available from those that were not part of the "Ivory Tower Clan."

Finally, after months of research, the team, has done a fine job of recreating the Refit... FROM SCRATCH. So,....

I'm just wondering if maybe, someone from the original crew could come over and have a look at the prints / ship that was put together by non-CG guys and totally not, inside guys.

I guess I'm wondering if we can get an honest assessment from the same people that ripped on the original thread....?

I'm wondering if the self same progenitors of canon and knowers of the Refitage can possibly look upon our efforts and give the yay, or the nay?

You know, look at the work and say... "Well done, thou good and faithful servant?"

20. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ What's that got to do with the Grandeur poll?