Dollhouse 2x4 Belonging Grade-Discuss-Commentary **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Oct 23, 2009.

?

Grade BELONGING ep2x4 of Dollhouse

Poll closed Jan 31, 2010.
  1. EXCELLENT

48 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. ABOVE AVERAGE

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. AVERAGE

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. BELOW AVERAGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. POOR

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scratched into the glass, is what I was meant (you'll have to forgive me, I get lyrical when I'm tired). I saw that she had written 'cues' to herself ("The Attic is Bad", etc.), I just found it very eerie, bringing to mind stories of premature burial. Of course, one has to assume she actually has some bit of metal in her 'stash' in there, because that looks like hard glass and she's not coming out with raw and bleeding fingernails everytime, so it's not quite a Madeline Usher situation, but the image of her working the last, clinging bits of memory into the 'lid' of this narrow space evoked all those fears nonetheless.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think this has to be one of the best eps of both series.
    I do think think Eliza acting is not has good has rest of the cast.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Put the bottle down!:lol:

4. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I thought the cinematography and lighting this week was remarkably beautiful. I especially liked the just-barely-blown-out quality of DeWitt and Topher's scene in her office.

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

As a single carefully selected, relatively trivial example standing on its own, there may well be. But you know full well that there's much, much more to it than that.

Don't think about it. :lol:

And it's not about "shades of gray" at all. It's about the terrible inconvenience of black-and-white. ;)

6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I think she's good. But she is outshined by the guy who plays Victor, I don't know where they found him but he deserves more work.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well good to see Agent Lundy up and about at the Dollhouse

8. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'll go one better than some of the other posters here and say that this episode is BETTER than "Epitaph One." It's breathless, brutal, heartbreaking, with style up the ying-yang.

It has converted me. I used to enjoy the show but was resigned to its eventual cancellation. Now, I say, "NO!" This show must continue! What must I do?!

Can we just have Sierra use her Australian accent all the time. With an American accent, she's just another skinny girl. With an Australian accent...:drool: :adore:

Notice that the episode has minimal Echo & zero Ballard. I don't mean to keep harping on the issue but it's just frustrating that the lead actress on this otherwise brilliant show is the worst thing about it. (It's also uncharacteristic to have such uneven acting on a Joss Whedon show. His actors are usually uniformly excellent.)

Amen! This is the most stylish episode the show has ever done. I especially loved the shot towards the beginning of Topher through the magnifying glass.

That would be Mr. & Mrs. Jed Whedon. They really seem to have the golden touch on this show. In addition to this episode & "Epitaph One," they also wrote "Stage Fright," one of the few decent mission-of-the-week episodes from last season. When they write, the show pops with a brutal ingenuity that is sadly missing from too many episodes.

I guess the lesson here is: Sometimes nepotism works.:p

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Best. Episode. yet.

Frakes directed it!?!? :wtf: He's grown wonderfully as a director!

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

You know all things considered I would call that a win.
    I honestly was expecting a bigger drop coming back from the MLB break of last week. Hopefully the TIVO/DVR ratings are as strong from the prior weeks and that get the episode an overall 3.25 or so.

My pipedream would be that we are all talking this up at other sites we visit, that the reaction to this episode is shared elsewhere. That all this positive buzz somehow builds and finds people catching up via Netflix, buying it or other and viewing the 4eps available at Fox.com. It would not be hard to catch up on 16 episodes in November even with the Holiday. Then that somehow the genre gods grant the double header deubt on Dec.4 with a significant boost in viewers.

11. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    What other sites?

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, really. To keep up this level of online activity at more than just TrekBBS would leave me no time for friends, dating, productive work...

D'oh! Busted!

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    You guys are right. What other sites?;)
    For real though I do spend a marginal amount of time other places and lately I'm talking up DH when and where a thread may have an avenue to do so.

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Excellent.

Probably the best episode of the series.

The scene where Topher was cutting up the body was very well done. Frakes did a great job.

Glad to see Big Hottie will be back in December.

:techman:

15. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Quick question - maybe someone already asked/answered and I missed it. At the end, Echo had a security access card. Did Boyd give it to her?

16. 1001001

Yes.

She was talking about a "storm coming" to Boyd earlier in the episode.

17. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Given what we know from 'Epitaph One' about Boyd's future. Could the events of this episode be the reason he's on the run? What if Rossum found out about his involvement with the disappearance of one of their people.

18. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

I would have to say that even if that wasn't the original plan, it likely is now with cancellation (or non-renewal) imminent. I imagine they're going to tie up most of the loose ends leading to Epitaph Two.

19. 1001001

I gotta find this damned "Epitath One".

Is it on a DVD release?

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yep.