Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Fist McStrongpunch, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Having not read the comics, how do they even get back to Earth?

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no idea. Everything I know comes from the Farscape wiki, and that only goes up to the second or third miniseries before the ongoing for most of the characters and stuff. There are a few things from later, like I did read about where John and Aryn end up by the time the big arc that closed out the comics started. None of that ever mentioned Earth, so that might have happened either during the last arc or between it and the movie.

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I was watching a just released interview with the creative supervisor of Jim Henson's Creature Shop. About mid-way through the interview, the supervisor demoed a 3D version of Rigel that was designed to be controlled by a hand puppeteer. I guess this is more confirmation that another Farscape movie is indeed in the works?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQyWTivri1g[/yt]

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I know that is one of their new things they're doing now. I hope it's for a new Farscape production, but there is a chance it could just be something they just did for a demo. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

5. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Clutching my stuffed Rygel to my chest over this.

"Mother always said I'd die from incompetence. I finally know what she meant!"

6. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it's not a demo, I hope it's another Hynerian. I wouldn't want to see Rygel XVI recast. :(

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't know Johnathan Hardy died. I don't know if I could imagine anybody else voicing Rygel. But then again, people probably said the same about Kermit and Steve Whitemire's been doing a good job for the last 25 years.

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus what's his name forgot how to voice Pilot for the miniseries so we can live.

Not that I think we will ever see a live action continuation anyways.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

As I recall, that wasn't Lani Tupu's fault. It was something to do with the sound editor.

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That's what I've heard, too. They couldn't remember how to mix Pilot's voice.

11. Ar-Pharazon

I still have a hard time believing "Crais" did Pilots voice, mixing or no.

12. Taelon

Taelon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That sounds just awful. Fanwank of the worst kind.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well...he did.

14. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

I wish that Flash Gordon had been done this way (Flash, Dale & Zarkov go to a distant part of the galaxy to stop the Mongo Empire from conquering the rest of the galaxy through wormholes.)

15. MetroKid

MetroKid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That is because it is. The plot sounds suspiciously identical to a fanwank posted to the spacebattles.com forums way back in 2005, and has since vanished. The guy was laughed at for his stupid ideas and he rage quit. Basically, it went as the article describes, Lil’ D is found to have superpowers, including levitation, immunity to the Aurora Chair, and the ability to create wormholes at will. John and Aeryn hide him on Earth to be raised by DK (whom the brilliant author forgot was killed in season 4), this is all the while Lil’ D is protected by the ghost of D’Argo. Then there was something about Lil’ D coming back to the Uncharted Territories to fight the Nebari with wormholes, and something about the Ancients being reincarnated as humans.

16. MetroKid

MetroKid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That said, I would be 100% for seeing new adventures in the Farscape Universe with D’argo Crichton as the leading character, and have the original cast take a more limited role. It’s a rich universe, and there are plenty of stories to tell there.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ummm.Yea, I can see that as a Fanfic after PKW, or maybe even a comic Series after PJW, but, no, that's really nothing to do with PKW, other than Little D's name

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is something in the comics about somebody being after Lil' D for some reason, but I don't think it's anything to do with what was posted there. The comics pick up right after the end of PK Wars, the first panel is a recreation of the last shot of the mini, with John holding the baby and looking up at the stars, so he stays a baby the whole time.

19. Ar-Pharazon

If it's fanwank we're talking about, why not throw in John's daughter with Princess Katralla.

It could be written that the great war came to that planet, and the Empress was killed and they had to wake the princess up after only a few years, and she'd have that baby soon thereafter.

Would that child also have "powers"? She'd only be a year or maybe two younger than lil'D.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Doesn't his daughter actually make an appearance in the Farscape short story "Horizons" from many years back?