Recommended Viewing Order TV Shows and Movies

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by DaNnYElLoCO, Mar 26, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Shouldn't Insurrection be more mid-season 7 of DS9?

Since Worf isn't yet an Ambassador it would have to take place before What You Leave Behind.

2. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, you are correct. I wasn't sure on the release date of Insurrection--for some reason I thought it came out around May 1999 but technically is a 1998 release. Weird!

3. Lenny Nurdbol

Lenny Nurdbol Lieutenant Commander

Interesting question in light of the Overlap of series and movies...

Personally, I'd take TOS first, watching all the episodes in Production Order.
    Follow this by the 22 TAS episodes. Personally, being a literate fellow who enjoyed the Alan Dean Foster "Log" series, I prefer to see TAS in that order ("Beyond The Farthest Star" first, "Slaver Weapon" last).
    Then watch the first 6 Trek feature films in that order...
    Now watch all 7 seasons of TNG in Aired Order, and you'd might as well follow this up with Star Trek VII (Generations) through X (Nemesis).
    Then DS9 and Voyager, in aired order.

Don't bother with that teen angst movie erroneously called "Star Trek" from 2009.
    You'd probably be better off watching some fan-made flicks...
    But if you must, watch the 4 seasons of Enterprise first, in aired order. This is strictly bottom-of-the-barrel bubblegum space adventure stuff though...

4. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

There is more teen angst in the first five minutes of "Charlie X" than in the entire Star Trek movie. :lol:

5. Lenny Nurdbol

Except that it's Properly integrated into a storyline intended for a more adult audience!

If Abrams had remade it, he'd have whole decks being blown out, phaser fights on the outer hull...all while the camera shakes and the lens flares! Plus with guaranteed dumbed-down dialogue, making Charlie Evans into a one-dimensional comic book villain character with no real explicable motivations for his actions... And Janice Rand really would be raped by him...

I came across a script online reportedly for Intro Darkness where Khan is a Taliban-like rogue... Not that much different...

6. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm in the middle of my Star Trek watchthrough. I skipped TOS, watched all of TNG, then almost all the movies(havent really been in the mood to watch Nemesis yet though)...I'm in season 2 of DS9 right now, I'm watching it slowly because its the only Trek series I had never seen a single episode of...then I'll watch Voayager and Enterprise.

7. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

That doesn't sound at all like the movie I've seen and enjoyed.

It must be noted that this weird little scenario comes from your head, not from JJ Abrams' or from the film, and that it is, at best, a strawman argument, and at worst a very disturbing confluence of ideas, drenched in what sounds like unfiltered resentment.

8. Lenny Nurdbol

General Notes:
    1. You're easy to please, some of us kind of demand a bit more than a teen angst movie rollercoaster ride, especially with something like 200 million blown on it...

2. J.J. Abrams background speaks for itself... Like how and why he got the job he has now... His past works, and his co-writing crew ("Armageddon" "Transformers" "Lost")...
    Basically the boy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near adult SF entertainment...

3. I've got a "weird head" as you say... "Unfiltered resentment" sounds good but to really impress me you have to take that extra step and Ask where such resentment can come from... I mean, anyone can point their finger at a sobbing or angry person and state the obvious, but to ask Why is a quantum leap in reasoning...
    Maybe, just maybe that person was assaulted, or lost a valued possession or relative... I kind of Doubt s/he was "born that way."

4. I'm a non-conformist, free-thinker... I Analyze things from different perspectives... Nobody force-feeds me a movie's rating; nobody Tells Me to Like a movie just because everyone else Likes a movie...

5. Last but not least... This is a bit off-topic for this thread!