Starfleet Procurement Policy Draft

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Nob Akimoto, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ya, something like that i would guess.. I get the feeling Scotty was doing whatever it took just get a few shots out from what charge they did get.

2. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

More "other" powers. This time the Romulans.

3. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Wonderful, although I might be a bit biased! Seems perfectly accurate for the Romulans. It might be interesting to do a bit of speculation about the evolution of Romulan power sources while you're at it. ;)

4. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

Working on the next section, a write-up mostly about power generation systems.

5. WildKazoo

WildKazoo Ensign Red Shirt

This is great stuff. Has this discussion moved elsewhere? Or is this a dead topic? Sad if so.

6. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

It's pretty much dead now, I'm afraid. Welcome to the board! ;)

7. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Definitely a topic worth revisiting, though. Especially since we've added the California class ships to the historical mix. The oldest of them seem to have come online around the same time as the Ambassadors.

publiusr likes this.
  8. Redshirt214

Redshirt214 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought the California class was a contemporary of the Galaxy, launched round about Wolf 359? At the earliest I could see them existing, in a radically different form, is as contemporaries of the Springfield or Cheyenne based on the long thin nacelle shapes. I'd consider the Springfield & Ceyenne to be 2350s ships, alongside some of the later Ambassador class ships (which by then would be a ten year old design refit after the loss of the Enterprise-C).

Going off purely ascetics, though, I'd have thought the California class were contemporaries of the Akira class, from the Dominion war period. They have a style that seems to owe more to the ships first seen in First Contact than anything else, which to me suggests a Dominion War era launch date. Even the Cerritos' old, faulty equipment seems to be TNG vintage at the oldest, and mid-late TNG at that!

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    publiusr likes this.
  10. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the California Class was a Post Dominion War design?