Terminator-219 "Today Pt2/TLVOTJC Pt2" - Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 19, 2009.

?

Grade "TITDP2; TLVOTJC"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. "If we stay the course we're dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "You are TERMINATED!" (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Oh no, Cam's got a bird!

:eek:

2. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

They are killing off a Character an episode... There sin;t going to be anybody left soon...

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

errrrrr, don't mention Starbucks, we don't have one up here and I miss being able to go to one, i haven't had one in months, i love the white mocha

4. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Outstanding episode. Best yet. Now my favorite show on TV. Sorry Jack Bauer.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

This is my first excellent in a long time.

6. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well you guys have fun with BSG. I gotta wait for 4.5 to come out on DVD. Man I wish I had got on board sooner.

7. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Just that T-1000 or some faction of the machines in Jessie's alternate future? And if that escaped T-1000 is Weaver, it would pretty much confirm that Weaver's doing her own thing without the sanction of Skynet.

At any rate, this episode is my first "excellent" in a while. The scenes between John and Jessie and between Derek and Jessie were top-notch.

When John Henry and Ellison were discussing eyes being the windows to the soul, I was itching for John Henry to reveal to Ellison what he knows about Weaver. Recall that he'd looked into her eyes and had seen "nothing there."

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Probably just that T-1000. T-1000's are incredibly dangerous in the Terminator Universe - so much so that Skynet itself was supposed to be afraid of them.

9. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Skynet has emotions?

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It was described in TSCC as being afraid of humans in D&D.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

We have a lot to live up for with BSG's finale.

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

such a calm ending to BSG, will terminator have such a thing?

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The finale for this season is supposed to wrap things up, but there is an undercurrent designed to make us want more.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Since it, oddly, won't let me edit...

Does anyone else see the similarities between the Resistance and the Fleet of BSG once the Cylons joined it?

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Coming back after discussing BSG, whew, ok yeah I give this episode an Excellent, it has improved greatly compared to the past few episodes. That whole thing with Sarah and the UFO just went on too long. This episode had some great character moments toward the end, especially with John/Jesse and Derek/Jesse, and then Jesse/Cameron in the future. Good stuff.

16. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I voted excellent on this also, this is the best episode of this series yet! I hope John decides to keep the set of balls he found. :)

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

^ Indeed, it is like he is 10 years older all of the sudden in this episode

18. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It depends on how one defines emotions. Fear is the basic "primitive" parts of brain telling the thinking parts of your brain that you are in a situation that could result in you being horribly injured or killed.
    Certainly, Skynet has some way of evaluating danger that is analogous to human fear, just as terminators are able to evaluate damage in a manner that is analogous to human pain. It was probably this fear that drove Skynet to turn on humanity in the first place.

I imagine that the T-1000 might have been leaning towards say "yes" before the submarine trip and that Jesse and her friends simply showed her how motherfraking insane humans are. They opened the box when their orders forbade doing so. One of them raised a weapon against the T-1000. They attacked their superior officer. Jesse executed her captain. And in the end she sank the damned submarine.

Who exactly would want to join forces with people like that?

As Weaver said to John Henry, "Humans will disapoint you." They disapointed her, and now she's back in the present, doing god knows what with John Henry.

Which really makes no sense. 40 watts is low for a lightbulb. It's also a measure of energy over time, rather than a measure of total energy output per shot. Since each shot takes well under a second, the amount of energy put into one is likely to be well under 40 joules. It shouldn't be able to produce enough heat to burn through any sort of metal.

Jesse's punch to his throat was likely to be fatal. It looked like she crushed his airway. It would have taken some time for him to suffocate to death if that were the case. Eitehr way, Queeg certainly finished him off.

19. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i really enjoyed this episode. so john wanted the T1000 to join them? Wonder what that meant, if that was indeed Weaver, is she a rogue terminator, who became self aware and defected from skynet. sort of like an agent smith? went back into the past with her own agenda?

i think that would be really interesting, if that was the case.

20. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

also i must have missed it, did derek actually kill jesse, or did he not decide to do it because john didnt. even though he said "I'm not John Connor" and we see him pull the trigger. and then later he was talking to john, implying he didnt kill her.