The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

First pics of Windblade, the transformer designed from an online fan poll asking what the fans wanted. Apparently the results were a red, female jetformer. Good chance of a Slipstream remold from this toy. Also the first pics of the rumored LEADER class Jetfire. Can't wait for Megatron.

Edit: Apparently the Generations Legends line (Shrapnel/Swerve/Tailgate/Cosmos) was cancelled.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm not saying this as a criticism, but Windblade looks to me like something that should be battling the Power Rangers.

Here's a short and sweet Crossover update. Seriously guys, I need a title and am open to suggestions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh boy...they're not going to like what comes next!

Also @OdoWan Nightwing does indeed looked tweaked/altered. I don't know why. It's different from the first one that was showed, that one is supposed to come out in May, this might be a variant for some reason. Hopefully we'll get an explanation on the weekend.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

man, i can't believe that line was canceled. i was so looking forward to getting Swerve and Cosmos.

as for Windblade...i have no problem with the character. sure, a robot geisha is dumb...but its not the most absurd thing in TF history. i think the toy looks cool.

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Back to the Future ReAction figures have been revealed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been waiting forever for BTTF figures, and when we finally get some they're just crappy looking retro-style ones. :(

ETA: And here's the Buffy and Mal Reynolds figures:

[​IMG]

Interestingly it looks more like Kristy Swanson's Buffy than SMG's.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, but that face is the complete opposite of badass. :lol:

More Firefly figures and others in the line can be seen here.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow...those are kind of underwhelming, but I guess since they're waiting for final approval these are prototypes, I hope so because the likenesses aren't there including with the BTTF figures.

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Am I to understand that Hasbro is going to release Gen 1 Soundwave with the cassettes???

I bought Gen 1 Starscream a couple of years ago and was disappointed they didn't release other Gen 1 Transformers.

[​IMG]

8. OdoWanKenobi

Buffy looks like Anna Nicole Smith.

I really don't get these. Why do people want to pay modern prices for intentionally shitty action figures? These are awful! If you saw a company putting these out unironically, you would be furious! Toy sculpting has come ridiculously far in the decades since figures like this were made. When does pandering to misplaced nostalgia hit its breaking point? How can someone be nostalgic for action figures of shows that didn't exist when action figures were this terrible? It's as if toy companies have realized "Oh, we can make the cheapest, crappiest figures possible, but we'll still sell a bunch of them if we call them retro." I guess at least these are at least new figures, which makes them a step up from Playmates re-releasing the same god-damn twenty-five year old Ninja Turtles figures and charging $14.99 for them.

9. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I actually think they were better in the decade these figures would have been made (I'm thinking of lines like The Black Hole, Battlestar Galactica, the Gil Gerard Buck Rogers, etc).

The bodies for these new ReAction figures are okay as far as retro goes, but the heads seem a bit too large to me.

10. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

No the Masterpiece Soundwave is going to be re-released.

11. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Bif Bang Pow! is making 3.75" The Big Bang Theory action figures.

link with pics

The image quality isn't too good, but from what I can see the likenesses look OK. We'll get a better look once the Toy Fair starts.

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I don't expect much from those retro movie and TV action figures because they're supposed to mimic the limited articulation and sculpting of action figures that were released in the seventies and eighties (and in some cases the nineties), so they don't bother me. For what they are they're fun and nice and I get what the company's doing here. The George McFly has a nice resemblance to Crispin Glover, at least in the eyes and eyebrows.

Had these been in stores when I was about ten or eleven years old I'd probably have gone wild for some of 'em. I know I and at least one other guy on this board wouldn't mind seeing a Jewel Staite figure from Firefly. ;) Even if she's a little plastic train wreck with only a faint resemblance to the real Jewel at least she'd have a figure.

13. OdoWanKenobi

Hasbro just announced deluxe figures for the 6" Black Series! First out of the gate are a Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike and Jabba the Hutt! Rock on!

Also announced for wave four of the 6" figures are Chewbacca, Episode II Clone Trooper, ROTJ Vader (with two piece removable helmet), Jedi Luke (with interchangeable open or closed shirt flap) and a new Sandtrooper variant (probably just different pauldron color, but no pics yet.)

14. cooleddie74

Sweet! I'd actually heard about these being possibilities a few months back thanks to the guys on the collecting sites, but it's great to know they're actually confirmed and not just strong rumors. :)

They also just confirmed a 6" Black Series Vader with removable helmet (ROTJ), Chewbacca and a Jedi Luke in his black outfit.

15. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Update on that: no it wasn't! Hasbro just announced new figures in the Legends assortment and they say they're manufacturing more Cosmos and Swerve figures.

Sounds like this was a rumor that got out of hand.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Ok, sounds like the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Legends that are on shelves now are the extent of it. The second wave of Captain America figures will be the extent of that, as well.

GotG Legends will be Starlord, Drax, Gamora, and Rocket Raccoon, with Groot as the BAF. I figure Rocket had better come with the torso piece, and a BFG if they're going to charge the same amount as everyone else for him. Also, there will be a couple comic based Legends: Cosmic Iron Man, and Nova.

17. cooleddie74

According to Jedi Temple Archives, the Black Series packaging is getting an overhaul with some different colors. Also, there'll be a Sandtrooper corporal variant of the 6" figure for rank and squad builders.

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I spent much of yesterday shoveling snow (and spraining my ankle in the process), but I managed to throw together a Clintasha Valentine's Day:

Imitating Mickey and Minnie:

[​IMG]

Awwwww.

[​IMG]

Also, I made a card based on something found on Tumblr:

[​IMG]

19. cooleddie74

New Star Wars figures, including the long-awaited upgrade of Ree-Yees from Jabba's Palace and Sgt. Doallyn from the same film.

Also: new Black Series 3.75" packaging design in the back.

[​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

For the record, the Luke in Hoth gear on the far right of the shelf isn't a repack of the Vintage Collection figure from 2012, it's a new version based on the Wampa attack and cave scenes. This Luke has the deep facial scratches and dissheveled appearance from that sequence.

[​IMG]

The long-awaited Ree-Yees update, the first 3.75" version of his character in sixteen years.

[​IMG]

And here's the very first look at the 6" Black Series Chewbacca.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014