Fringe - Season 5 discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Methos, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will we be getting flashbacks to the "present day" for closure there as well? I think I'll be a tad disappointed if the final season of my beloved show is entirely in this future period (as awesome as that will likely be).

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

While I don't know for certain, my gut feeling is that we'll definitely have flashbacks, if for no other reason to see how the Observer take-over began, and how the team ended up in amber.

Plus, I personally feel there's a few loose ends to tie up from the whole 'reboot-of-the-universe' storyline from last season. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the show's return.

:techman:

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Hopefully, that's not the only FB we'll get.

5. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping that at some point we get word of the final fate of the Red universe. Did the observers end up there as well? If not then why not?

6. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

I would like to hear something about this as well. When they closed the bridge at the end of season 4 I was sad to hear that we would no longer see any of the redverse characters.

I think with the Observers, you have to wonder if they can travel between realities (which, given their evident scientific and technological superiority, seems plausible). If that is the case, then there is a strong chance that they could have ended up in the redverse as well (and perhaps other universes).

But here's the thing there: Why would they go to another reality when they already have ours? If they have an excess of Observers, sure, but otherwise I don't know if they would. For exploratory purposes perhaps, but nothing more.

7. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Well we know that the Red Universe had observers since we saw them there. The question is whether or not they were native to that universe or were travelers from the Blue Universe?

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Two days and counting. Can you guys tell that I'm psyched?

;)

On that note, I will most likely have the discussion thread up and running sometime tomorrow afternoon. I know it's a bit early, but hey, it IS the season premier.

Minor spoiler for next week's ep in the new TV Guide.

:bolian:

9. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two days! Gah, I still have the final 3 episodes of last season to rewatch before then! :D